The Cricket Thread | Page 119 | Vital Football

The Cricket Thread

The more I watch cricket the more I'm convinced most of it is in the head when batting, It's one man against one bowler it's the bit that a teammate can not really influence and England with one or two exceptions don't have that mental capacity to deal with India.

It's amazing like in most sports the difference between a confident player and some one who doubts their ability. I think that's why most world class players have a touch of arrogance about them.

It's amazing like in most sports the difference between a confident player and some one who doubts their ability. I think that's why most world class players have a touch of arrogance about them.

I'd have thought that if Lawrence could make 50 without to much trouble others could have batted with the same attitude, at least let's make them bat again sort of thing.

was such a good match wasn't it? The other 3 were ok, but not close. Today, could have gone either way, knife edge stuff. That is what I love! Not so much the result, but then, at least now we are square and the final 20/20 has real meaning.