The Alan Hutton Thread | Page 19 | Vital Football

The Alan Hutton Thread

Yes best wishes to him , thanks for that goal and your attitude and commitment to the club.

It's the right decision though , never a Premier League defender and the thought of him marking Sane , Sterling & co makes me shudder.

Thanks for many years of loyal service but its time to say goodbye. A good time to leave, on a high note after a season where he scored one of the most memorable goals in recent Villa history.

Not sure about that as I remember the players who caused Houllier trouble, Dunne, Collins, Warnock and Gabby all playing plenty of games that season despite them deserving to be dropped.

The bomb squad was a Lambert thing with Bent, Bannan, Hutton, Ireland , Zog and Given.

Great attitude, very limited ability, thanks for being true to our great club & best wishes in whatever you choose to do next. Maybe link up with Bruce at Sheff Wed? Wouldn't be too much of a surprise :clap::clap::clap:

Legend! So many setbacks and yet kept bouncing back.

A lesser person would have turned on the club based on the actions of dim witted managers, but not our Alan. Once a Villan always a Villan no matter how many crappy managers attempted to derail his career!

Will miss him.

Part of me knows the likes of Adomah and Cafu aren't Premier League level at their age but I do think we'll miss them in the dressing room. Hope Deano can address that and bring in some more model pro's and good characters.

One of the most enjoyable goals ever, will never forget that moment, a moment that nearly brought grown men to tears and left everyone around me in amazement. That was just the cherry on the cake of his time with us where he never moaned or kicked up a fuss when previous managers cast him aside. Not the best but certainly one of the most committed, you always knew you were gonna get 110% out of him. When I say I wish him all the best I really mean it, a top professional that I hope comes back to coach one day.

Villa fans will always take to a tryer. I remember Ian Ormondroyd all those years ago. Got some stick when he first came but he refused to give up and eventually won the Holte End over.
Top pro Alan, undeserving of some of the criticism he got. Best of luck.

Part of me knows the likes of Adomah and Cafu aren't Premier League level at their age but I do think we'll miss them in the dressing room. Hope Deano can address that and bring in some more model pro's and good characters.

I agree with this 100%

We might question the talent and the legs but you'll never question the commitment, leadership and professionalism! We can at least thank Bruce for that, rebuilding a team we'd have some pride in.