The Ahmed Elmohamady Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Ahmed Elmohamady Thread

I wonder if Bruce will sign Elmo?

He is probably the one player he has signed the most in his managerial career but I suppose now it's all down to what Elmo has got left in his tank?

A good pro while with us so all the best.
He is to Brucey what Nico Kranjcar was to 'Arry....

I do wonder if the club could only give him 1 year and he wanted a little bit more security.

Still a place in the squad IMO but I'd say he wanted more than 5 games a season. He'd be a great lad to have around while bringing a younger player through as backup/challenger to Cash.

I do wonder if the club could only give him 1 year and he wanted a little bit more security.

Still a place in the squad IMO but I'd say he wanted more than 5 games a season. He'd be a great lad to have around while bringing a younger player through as backup/challenger to Cash.

I would think we have an eye on the future though , and Kesler may be in their thoughts.

Be interesting to see what we do with Freddie though.

I would think we have an eye on the future though , and Kesler may be in their thoughts.

Be interesting to see what we do with Freddie though.
Haven't seen much of Kesler, but did think he looked a little "all over the place" at times in the youth cup final....

I remember when he signed I was quite underwhelmed, thinking he wasn't a very rock n roll signing, but in a time we needed professionals and steady players after the "bomb squad" Elmo was exactly what was needed.

Always reliable, dependable, gave his all and could cross a ball! I never worried when I saw him on the teamsheet. Now I'm sorry to see him go. Read he's been offered a coaching role in the future which is great, could be a great mentor to the youngsters.

Thank you Elmo!

Yes, not a bum off seat signing but massively steady and reliable - hindsight shows it's a shame we didn't have a few more of those in recent years.

All the best Elmo. Outstanding professional and underrated for much of his time with us. Never let us down. Seems like the kind of bloke you'd enjoy having a pint with....
Think you'll find he's Muslim so best make his a lemonade mate.

Haaram.

Last edited:
I suspect we'll use Freddie as backup with Kesler given opportunities.

The alternative is shift Konsa over if required but I don't see it personally.