The 2022 Summer Transfer /Rumours Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The 2022 Summer Transfer /Rumours Thread

Hard to say how he would go with better players around him. In the Prem he would be unlikely to find himself double or triple marked ?

..... And what do we do with all this money we get for Bowler ? Go bin dipping and get relegated whilst hoping to unearth other gems from obscurity ? I just don't get this selling mentality, I thought it was all about progress. Jeeez, reading these comments, anyone would think it was going into your own accounts. Once a selling club always a selling club is the main theme it appears.
We will not keep getting away with paying peanuts, especially at this level. The 1960s have long gone.

..... And what do we do with all this money we get for Bowler ? Go bin dipping and get relegated whilst hoping to unearth other gems from obscurity ? I just don't get this selling mentality, I thought it was all about progress. Jeeez, reading these comments, anyone would think it was going into your own accounts. Once a selling club always a selling club is the main theme it appears.
We will not keep getting away with paying peanuts, especially at this level. The 1960s have long gone.

Which clubs in the world aren’t selling clubs? That’s not a mentality that’s the reality of this business.

Bowler leaves on a free in 12 months. He’s not going to sign a new contract, why would he? Surely that £3-5m or whatever it ends up being will be worth more to the club in how it’s been reinvested than just seeing Bowler walk out the door?

Last edited:
I can't believe a Prem team would want him

Played well v Bourneymouth , scored goal of the season v them.
Look at his number of dribbles per game, at 23 there's still room for improvement.
I agree that there's games where he just doesn't get in to it and he does go missing but after all that we will be a weaker team attacking wise without him.
I'm confident the £, or a good % of it will be made available for the team.
£5-7m is buttons for the potential I saw in him in what was a first full season after injury.

Good points Sexy but he never tracks back and 23 is young but not that young. I don't see him as a prem player end of but time will tell. As Insideleg says he'd be off anyway in 12 months

Which clubs in the world aren’t selling clubs? That’s not a mentality that’s the reality of this business.

Bowler leaves on a free in 12 months. He’s not going to sign a new contract, why would he? Surely that £3-5m or whatever it ends up being will be worth more to the club in how it’s been reinvested than just seeing Bowler walk out the door?

All clubs sell granted, but can you tell me what is actually happening with Bowler without guessing? I can't think for him but he's been at bigger clubs than us already. He's hit a purple patch with us and will most likely go down hill if or when sold. What way would the money be invested ? If we are going to bring in a young developing manager, it only means one thing surely ? Yes bin dipping and paying crap money as per usual. What will be the cost of relegation ? Surely, our priority is to avoid second season syndrome and move forward ?

I think the cost of relegation is too big a price to pay for the owner and board.
Div 3 is a hard league to get out of, some big clubs in there and that's why I think despite the guarded wording of having to build the training ground / scratching, that they will make sure that the manager has the resources for us to retain Championship status.
Just about every club brought the best part if 2000 + fans, compare that to the 100 Cheltenham / Wycombe/ Cambridge would bring on a Tuesday night.

Last edited:
First one of one of those we released:

Sources: Ethan Robson undergoing MK Dons medical after deal agreed
Ethan Robson is undergoing a medical at MK Dons ahead of free transfer, Football Insider understands.

Last edited by a moderator:
First one of one of those we released:

Sources: Ethan Robson undergoing MK Dons medical after deal agreed
Ethan Robson is undergoing a medical at MK Dons ahead of free transfer, Football Insider understands.
The 25-year-old is available as a free agent following his release from Blackpool.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that Robson has agreed a move to the League One side and is having a medical today.

Could do well there.

Surprised we didn't seek a fee for him.
Franchise will ve pi55ed off with us as we brought him back in Jan whilst he was flying with them for us to use him as a cameo on a couple of occasions.
They missed out on automatic on the last day of the season and then fade away in the playoffs.
Think the 3rd div us his level. Good luck to the lad.

Huddersfield Town have been linked with a transfer move for versatile Blackpool danger man Keshi Anderson as they look to add attacking reinforcements to Carlos Corberan’s side for the new season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huddersfield Town have been linked with a transfer move for versatile Blackpool danger man Keshi Anderson as they look to add attacking reinforcements to Carlos Corberan’s side for the new season.

The 27 year old can play either on the wing, as a second striker or as an attackingt midfielder, and played most of his games on the right flank as he claimed four goals and five assists in Blackpool’s first season back in the Championship after promotion. He has just had a one-year extension clause triggered on his contract to prevent it from ending this summer.

Anderson set up Gary Madine’s goal to restore Blackpool’s lead at the John Smith’s Stadium on Boxing Day before the Terriers came back to win the game 3-2 – and now Football League World report that Town are considering making a move to bring him to the club this summer.

Anderson ranked tenth among regularly-appearing Championship players for key passes per game last season, according to WhoScored, as well as ranking 19th for successful dribbles per game and ninth in the list of the league’s most fouled players.
If we are not careful we will have No manager and only second string players.

Is it just ne with wishful thinking but if Ballards price is £1.7m and we have just received £1.2m for Quitchkey then for £500k there's a nailed on CH for the best few years and alongside Marv - wow...