The Tennis Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Tennis Thread

And the Korda kid has been knocked out losing 10 - 8 in the 5th set. Epic battle.
21 today so plenty of time to make a name for himself.

Gauff is going to be one hell of a talent as she develops more and works out the kinks I think.

Looks far better than the other year when she 'broke' but still plenty of avoidable errors that can be ironed out.

Poor English girl looked like she was hyperventilating.

She looks a very talented young player from the few shots I saw, big future.

Wouldn't have thought so, I'd have said she was on top until the issue hit, unless she just over panicked at the end of the first set with a few of her mistakes biting her?

But even that said, some of the tennis when she was struggling, she didn't seem to be struggling with the tennis for me or shrinking into her shell, so to speak.

And with how long she played on, it also didn't seem that serious, albeit obviously a stomach issue affecting her breathing.

I see Mac is getting slated for suggesting that maybe people shouldn't worry about Raducanu because the event and waiting so long during the day may have ultimately built up and got to her. Meant to add in my reply to Sil, that my first guess was butterflies/potentially a panic attack as a few things had gone against her at the time and the smile had disappeared from her face. I just don't think it was that as time progressed.

I await similar criticisms for the lasses who suggested it may simply have been the onset of an unfortunate time of the month for her.

Breathing difficulties confirmed....but nothing beyond that as a I type, but I think everyone watching had guessed that to one degree or another.

Wonder if it was a simple asthma issue - must admit in all my years watching I've never seen anyone take an inhaler court side - or at least not that I remember??

Last edited: