The 2018 World Cup | Page 21 | Vital Football

The 2018 World Cup

Messi missing in this match and not for the first time when playing for his country, Aguero no supply at all but Ota playing right CB when he had been playing Left CB all season and not easy when you virtually have to learn again.

Big Willy well puts himself in trouble but then gets out of it, I wonder if the Argentine usual Goalie is injured.

Second for Croatia, superb strike from Midric.

Could be a short tournament for Argentina. Whilst I would love Sergio & Ota to be successful the silver lining could be a longrr rest for them ahead of next season

Shearer trying to lay some blame at Ota's door for the first Croatia goal which is harsh. He competed for the high ball but on that occasion didn't win it. There was time to clear it, the other defender gave to Caballero who had plenty of time but he f**ked up with his awful miskick.

Strange that Shearer (as a strikrr himself) gave no credit to Mandzukic for his challenge vs Otamendi.:shake:

Three at the back failed for Argentina, should have played 442, with Messi in Midfield, but they can still go through, never write them off.

Shame/interesting how Messi is unable to inspire Argentina in the same way Ronaldo is for Portugal - maybe he is surrounded by better players?

To be fair Messi won the golden ball at the last World Cup.

They're very disjointed this Argentina side, they don't look to have any sort of plan other than give it to Messi, who just looks pissed off.

Portugal on the other hand are a well drilled unit capable of grinding results and they always have Ronaldo's ability to buy free kicks/penalties to help. I'd love to see an early Iran goal in their next game.

Argies look like sh&t. A collection of very good/ to world class players with no plan/chemistry. This WC is like an alternative reality.

I thought Australia were a bit unfortunate against Denmark.
Beats me why the silly VAR thing isn’t used to sort out the wankers simulating for free kicks.
However on reflection, some of them are so blatant that the refs should be getting a red card for not punishing them.

Word is emerging that Sterling will be dropped for the Panama game, replaced by Wonder Boy, Rashnaldo whilst Ashley Plunge will be retained & Loftus-Cheek will replace the injured Alli (or misspelt Ali on the sneakily taken picture of the team sheet.....you would think they could spell the names of their players).

Doubtless if Rashnaldo struggles there will be a host of pundits and rag sychophants pleading lack of game time, tough opponents showing a lack of ambition, densely packed defences :blah::blah: We shall see. Is it wrong to hope he falls flat on his face and constantly fun’s up blind alleys? The Rashnaldo Bandwagon drives me crazy.

Meanwhile the myth about Sterling grows as even in the R5Live podcast when a journo interviewed a few lads at their Airbnb apartment played ‘shooting practice’ used rolled up paper balls one of them banged on about ‘finishing like Raheem Sterling’ after he missed the target.

FFS :arrghh:

Sterling’s miss against Tunisia wasn’t his finest moment.....what about all the chances missed by fecking Lingard? Surely using him would have been the more accurate analogy? But no, the media has done its job once again, planting these seeds, repeati the same sh*t over and over until everyone believes it must be true.

Aaarrrrrgggggghhhhhh

Sterling’s miss against Tunisia wasn’t his finest moment.....what about all the chances missed by fecking Lingard?

It was an awful miss but what's funny is when the offside flag is up the line usually goes that his blushes were spared, not when it comes to Sterling though, it's instead used to beat him with.

He should do a Zaha.

Notice how the media describe the possibility of Raz not being chosen as being “axed”.
If, as I expect, England will probably make the knock-outs, I hope we go out quickly and all our boys, particularly Raz, get a nice summer break before pre-season.

Notice how the media describe the possibility of Raz not being chosen as being “axed”.

Sterling is always "axed" - he couldn't possibly be left out of the starting XI because Southgate may have a different tactical plan in mind for different opponents. Panama are going to sit very deep and I think we may see more balls over the top as they try and get in behind them.

I am not sure Rashnaldo will be the revelation on the international scene that they hope/already believe.

They’re doing an “is Sterling being unfairly scapegoated” on talkshite at the mo. Haven’t been able to catch all of it but nice to hear two callers making the point that Lynne gard didn’t perform very well either but no-one is having a pop at him.

About time someone starting talking about it.

In other news Brazil have just taken the lead in added time after some disgraceful time wasting play acting from the Costa Rican players.

Utterly ridiculous apparently fatal head injuries. They really need to sort this sh*t out. If the referee suspects play acting I think there should be a 5 or 10 minute sin bin, no arguments, no come back. Referee thinks you are milking it after minimal contact they should be allowed to keep the offending player waiting to come on at the side of the pitch for a period of time. That’s where players having to leave the pitch after treatment started - to stop players faking injuries. They need to re-visit that policy because it is getting ridiculous