The 20/21 Season FA Cup Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

The 20/21 Season FA Cup Thread

Typical 'bigger' Club underestimating the smaller Club in the FA Cup, not taking the opposition seriously. Did Leeds have a shot on goal second half. Some teams never learn to start with your best side, bury them in the first 45, not the opposite when it can be too late. Served Leeds right. Crawley have improved a lot since our 3-0 win there a couple of years ago.

Must admit I fancy Newport at 7/1 to beat Brighton tonight with a couple of quid.
I'm with you. They are a decent cup side and are going well in the league. Brighton are no great shakes and will struggle if they aren't up for a battle. 7/1 is very generous even if you are hoping for the 1st goal and a crafty cash-out.

Newport gave it a good go as always, but the most noticeable thing was the pitch - like a ploughed field, impossible to play any football on. I lost count of the number of bobbles, passes that went hilariously astray and shots that troubled the corner flag more than the goal. It is unfit for football, Brighton looked visibly exasperated at times. A rugby team and a football team using the same pitch has always caused a few problems, but two rugby teams and a football team do not mix. They need their own ground, but I can't see that happening any time soon.

Newport gave it a good go as always, but the most noticeable thing was the pitch - like a ploughed field, impossible to play any football on. I lost count of the number of bobbles, passes that went hilariously astray and shots that troubled the corner flag more than the goal. It is unfit for football, Brighton looked visibly exasperated at times. A rugby team and a football team using the same pitch has always caused a few problems, but two rugby teams and a football team do not mix. They need their own ground, but I can't see that happening any time soon.
The pitch looked like a local freeman had been grazing his cattle on it!

Just watched yesterday’s highlights. Focused on Cheltenham’s long throw expert in their game.
According to Karen Carney “it’s a great thing to have up your armoury”

Just watched yesterday’s highlights. Focused on Cheltenham’s long throw expert in their game.
According to Karen Carney “it’s a great thing to have up your armoury”

Heard her also say some player was struggling to get his leg over.
Nice to get a bit of off-field background information.