That's us playing for a draw on Saturday | Vital Football

That's us playing for a draw on Saturday

We discussed this in the club tonight - he wants his balls chopping off if we do that - we still need a win on the weekend.

I can see it now, he will more then likely set the fucker up to play for a draw, when we go 2-0 down he will bring Shola on in the 70th min

The thing is, if we do get a draw and Wigan draw against Arsenal, it is still game on. They beat Villa and we lose to Arsenal, and it is down to GD and goals scored. At the moment GD is the same, Wigan are potentially ahead on goals scored.

I know we as a club are the unluckiest fuckers in the world but fuck me if Wigan go to Arsenal and win when there going for Champions League i will be fucking amazed. I think it could be the year Wigan finally drop, this result tonight will have murdered their confidence just in time to be bladdered off City and then a trip to Arsenal will nigh on see them relegated.

Rexn - 7/5/2013 23:36

The thing is, if we do get a draw and Wigan draw against Arsenal, it is still game on. They beat Villa and we lose to Arsenal, and it is down to GD and goals scored. At the moment GD is the same, Wigan are potentially ahead on goals scored.

We would go down in that scenario. If they only draw against Arsenal, Villa are safe, and will be on their holidays come the final game.

We have to go for it, simple. QPR are horrific and our GD isn't good... a 2/3 goal win would be ideal.

We have to play 90 minutes of attacking football against QPR. Fair enough if we're 3 goals up, bring Shola on. Otherwise don't.

The clueless fuckwit will play for a draw and hope Arsenal beat Wigan cos he is THAT fucking naive it's unreal. If we drop then it's deserved, if we stay up then it's cos we're the luckiest fuckers in the league cos if we hadnt picked up points earlier in the season then we would've been down already

Platinii - 7/5/2013 23:59

Rexn - 7/5/2013 23:36

We would go down in that scenario. If they only draw against Arsenal, Villa are safe, and will be on their holidays come the final game.

That is a horrible thought. Villa sending us down twice in 4 years.
Conceivably both Norwich and the Mackems could drop below us without us getting a point. The reality though is that Wigan play on Tuesday night and will know what they have to do. I feel a Sky wankfest coming on the last day.

We're in a position where it's in our hands, we have to go for the win on saturday. As a little extra motivation, If Villa lose to chelsea (distincly possible) we beat QPR (possible) and Wigan beat arsenal (unlikely) then the villa scum could still drop. That said I agree with Todum, I think Wigan's luck may have run out. Quite a few on here said they'd win last night, and in seasons gone by that's the kind of game they'd have scrapped out a win from, maybe this time they'll go. Still a lot to play for in the last two games

Thought about this last night, and thought that little brain of pardew, will now be thinking that we can go for the usual draw. That's a disaster waiting to happen. I for one wont be happy till the arsenal - Wigan game is over cause knowing them they will go there and get some unbelievable result. It's all out win for Sunday, nothing else, and put this sorry season to bed.

"It's all out win for Sunday, nothing else, and put this sorry season to bed" and our manager to sleep............................... forever :91:

southampton beat sunderland.
norwich beat wba.
we beat qpr.
wigan draw with arsenal.
tottenham get 3 points from chelsea/stoke

arsenal/spurs tied on 68.

spurs bend sunderland over trying to score the double figures they need to catch up on gd.

villa are safe on 40, wigan sneak a win.

mackems down

:7:

just pray we beat qpr

There's so many possible scenarios depending on results this weekend. Your's is a good scenario Rabit. What I'm personally hoping for is Us, the tramps and norwich all win this weekend. Villa lose to chelski. Wigan somehow beat arsenal, then beat Villa on the final day to send villa down. (Wigan may finish above us on GD, but frankly we barely deserve to stay up so I have no problem with that). A win against QPR is vital though

Wigan have a cup final, hit by injuries and Arsenal need the points. Cannot see them getting anything out of the gunners, but then I did not think Swansea would beat them, so who knows............

Surely Arsenal have far to much to play for to let Wigan sneak a point. It would be lovely to go into the Arsenal game safe with a chance of pissing on their parade.

I have a sneaking suspicion that if we are safe going into the arsenal game we'll get something as there'll be no pressure on the players and they can just go for it. Need to get a result against QPR first.