That Was Brilliant! | Vital Football

That Was Brilliant!

New York NEZ

Vital Squad Member
What a fantastic game that was and what a fantastic performance from the Millers.
I couldn't believe that we were two goals down at half time after we'd had almost total possession and Stoke had had two attacks and scored on both occasions. Unbelievable.
I thought that it was going to be one of those games where we would have most of the possession and nothing to show for our good work but the Millers were having none of that and they continued in the second half where they'd left off in the first. And what a fantastic performance they put on for the fans who'd followed them to the potteries. I felt sorry for our three players who were substituted because I thought they'd all had good games (Towell,Forde,Taylor), but the three who came on slotted in straight away and did their jobs superbly, especially Crooks who was a revelation, and who could have had three goals himself. It said it all when the Stoke fans were booing their team but it was all down to our performance rather than Stoke's lack of it. And to rub salt into their wounds, they gave the man of the match to their own keeper. ha-ha. If we can carry on with this form then we've every chance of staying in the Championship. Come on you Millers.

Yes, the Stoke fans weren't happy - we spent the night with one!

It was a great performance from us for most of the match - heads went down a bit when they scored and it took us about 10 minutes or so to get into the game in the second half but after that we were great again and might have won it.

Saw Joe Allen at lunchtime and he wasn't looking too happy!

In my opinion Caz, that was our best performance of the season. I've not seen all the games but I've seen most and yesterday's performance was the best that I've seen. We were up and at 'em from the off and never looked in any danger. I just couldn't believe it when they scored two in three minutes because they'd never looked dangerous up to that point and we were controlling the tempo of the game. I thought it was gonna be one of those days, but the second half saw us up our game even more and they didn't know what had hit them when our second goal went in, and from that point there was only going to be one winner, us. We need to keep this level going into our game at Swansea now and we can give them a shock or two.