That miss! | Vital Football

That miss!

Spanish Bee

Vital Youth Team
A lot of hysteria about Maupay's miss, like these people have never made a serious mistake before. I mean I married my first wife, it was a terrible mistake and I had a lot more time to think about it. I really like this guy, and hope he gets a hat-trick tomorrow night.

Come on. That was bad. It was showboating. Easy tap in to the right or take the piss and try to mug guy off on near post. What was he thinking? Cost us the game. No excuses. One all and on top in the game and we could have gone on to win. Instead, within minutes we are two down.

I will give him his dues. He came back early second half and had three great attempts at goal when he could have hidden and sulked. He kept at it. I like his arrogance and continual pain in the arse moodiness but it cost us Saturday. Unlike his replacement who I know went on because I saw his number go up and heard his name on the PA. But did he actually make it onto the pitch? I said I was excited by Maupay in a way I haven't been in a striker for a long time. His two goals in two games was restoring some of what I lost in him. I hope he proves my excitement right. But I have to say my jury is out at the moment.

Overall we played some nice stuff but weren't exactly looking too dangerous despite how many shots we had. Sometimes you can whack thirty odd shots over a bar from distance and on paper it looks good but in reality it wasn't that convincing. I felt Saturday was one of those days. Lots of style not much substance. Lots of possession not much real penetration.

For me Barbet stood out, covering for the increasingly inept Bjellend who once again dropped us in it early on only to be bailed out and consistently gave the ball away cheaply. Canos when he came on was on fire and determined to make his claim made. Woods was great but faded and felt it was right when Dean Subbed him. Even if the fans didn't lol.

Also got to say how great the fans were. Two down and still getting behind them. Even Cardiff fans have commented on that. Brilliant

Still confident we are going up, at least play offs. A win tomorrow will get us back on track (and we always go on a run before an International break then falter straight afterwards so Saturday result was expected in this corner of south of France).

I can see a couple of weak points and I feel a striker is needed desperatetly

Hard to see from the away end/ corner how he exactly missed just saw him hit it past the post without a keeper in sight. Thought we played well overall but Warnock’s teams always seem to get the better of us so no great surprise. Cardiff fans I spoke to were quite praiseworthy about us and thought themselves lucky.

I got the feeling they will support Warnock as long as he keeps winning

Had some great comments from Cardiff fans all over facebook. One was really praising the fans who just kept going despite the score. Said they were the best and most vocal to go there.
They were brilliant, still singing and getting behind the side at two down.

Had some great comments from Cardiff fans all over facebook. One was really praising the fans who just kept going despite the score. Said they were the best and most vocal to go there.
They were brilliant, still singing and getting behind the side at two down.

Well he didn't miss one last night but it would have been nice if he had had the opportunities to do so!

Smith really has to pick a team and tactics that enables us to break down these 9/10 man defences that the opposition put up at GP these days. I realise that it is a complement to the way we play and the danger we pose but makes for GP being a very frustrating place to be right now whereas away games are far more open and enjoyable at the moment.

This new Danish player coming in January can't be here quick enough if his goal scoring reputation proves to be true.