That court case again | Vital Football

That court case again

Still more to come about the Prince's finances IMO. Is he borrowing against our own £100m Sky money and will he use the difference to buy our own ground for us so we have effectively bought it twice?
Or is everything really good as far as finance is concerned?

Last edited:
Probably borrowing
Probably buying the properties back with the clubs money
Probably no wealthier than McCabe

But, I feel safer in the hands of a foreigner than any Sheffield "millionairre" and their limitations for the club. I am sick of these local millionairre types and their quest to merely keep us in business and absolutely nothing else, I am sick of these local millionaires types then expecting to be hero worshipped for delivering 50 years of nothing because we still exist.
I'm sick of these local millionaires and their disdain for Sheffield people that sees them pandering to the poor expectations that they think we all have.

I am sick of these local millionaires types who have sold anything that resembled a footballer for next to fuck all and used every excuse they could to justify it.
Unhappy players, agents, higher division club, better placed club, cant compete, player wanted to leave, poor old us, the list goes on, the lies go on.

So the Prince might not be the richest prince in the world, but if it sees an end to local Sheffield ownership that will be fine with me.

Most of that is a report on what we already knew last year, but this is interesting:

On promotion Abdullah did then offer for the club to buy the properties – the judge noted the club can now do this from its own revenues rather than Abdullah having to fund it, although the prince says he will ensure the club is not burdened.

I guess we will see when it comes to spending, but CW has certainly been backed this season to a greater degree than we were all expecting. I'm still puzzled as to why he hasn't made moves to get his family's investment fund to buy into us rather than Newcastle though.

Like a very bad smell that lingers,pervades,rots and destroys. The sort of thing that stops a house sale unless you give it away for a £:cool:
Don't put thissen darn like that TT,tha duz go on alot,especially where our ex owners concerned but i for one think you're ok mi owd pal.:giggle: I'm amazed it took ya that long to post tho.:giggle: UTMPB

Last edited:
I've just seen that Beerschot, the Prince's Belgian team, have signed a young Brazillian striker called Felipe Micael and have included a clause in his contract giving us the first option on him if he is successful. I don't know anything about him, but the reports suggest he is highly regarded in Brazil. Interesting that the Prince is going down this route, it's all the rage these days. The lad would need to become a full international before he could get a work permit in this country though.

Still more to come about the Prince's finances IMO. Is he borrowing against our own £100m Sky money and will he use the difference to buy our own ground for us so we have effectively bought it twice?
Or is everything really good as far as finance is concerned?

If he needs to raise £50m for the property, he can do that on a commercial mortgage over say. 10 years to lessen its impact. All we have to do then is stay on the gravy train...

If he needs to raise £50m for the property, he can do that on a commercial mortgage over say. 10 years to lessen its impact. All we have to do then is stay on the gravy train...
My point is that with Mr McCabe we owned our ground etc and my shares
are part of it. So the Prince needs to use 'our money' to buy 'our ground' and reduces the monies available for future transfers? Or am I wrong?

The Prince owns the football club, which includes any profit that we make for a high finish in the Premier League. Therefore, regardless of where he gets the money from to buy the properties, he will do it with his money. As long as he continues to back CW in the transfer market, then I don't think it really matters either way.

My point is that with Mr McCabe we owned our ground etc and my shares
are part of it. So the Prince needs to use 'our money' to buy 'our ground' and reduces the monies available for future transfers? Or am I wrong?

King Kev split the property off from the club, so the club doesn't currently own the ground. Once money has changed hands, the club will again own its own ground.

At present 'reducing our funds for transfers' doesn't appear to apply, as we have broken our record transfer five times since last summer.

Let’s have a show of hands who thinks Kev would have let Chris spend close on 70 million this season yea or nay
ill start its a nay from me

King Kev split the property off from the club, so the club doesn't currently own the ground. Once money has changed hands, the club will again own its own ground.

At present 'reducing our funds for transfers' doesn't appear to apply, as we have broken our record transfer five times since last summer.
You miss my point.....the Prince hasn't paid up yet FKB and when he does will it be the Sky money or mortgage against the future money?

You miss my point.....the Prince hasn't paid up yet FKB and when he does will it be the Sky money or mortgage against the future money?

No idea. My guess is that it will be a mortgage of some sort. It comes from Sky either way. I don't see what difference it makes tbh. If HRH sticks £20m in cash in the hole, then he's just going to put that in as equity or loans. Equity dilutes the shareholding; loans are to be repaid. Its all for the accountant and the balance sheet. So long as CW gets a budget he can work with, and we can afford it without using the PAYE and VAT money then I'm comfortable with what is happening.