Thanks Sam | Page 5 | Vital Football

Thanks Sam

Must admit although I was convinced it was not a red card I thought that the evidence to overturn it was in the least sketchy. Well done the review panel.

MB, just to say the input you have provided in this debate is the reason I come on this site. it is very inciteful and extremely helpful in explaining some of the decisions that perplex me at games. I hope you will continue to give us a refs view of future games.

Enjoy the match tonight, and I hope there will be one or two decisions we can argue over tomorrow.:wahey::party::cheers:

I'll second that. So refreshing to have a respectful debate devoid of the personal insults.

I’ll be at a non league game down south tonight but avoiding social media and the internet so I can watch a recording of it when I get back
So any defence of the ref may be a few hours late!!!

I'll also add my praise for MBs insight and the fact it's caused lots of debate and disagreements but everyone has kept it very civil. Exactly what this board should be.

Like i said in a past post i think at the moment there does appear to be a gap between how the ref are instructed to interpret the rules and how the players, managers, fans and pundits do. We all need to be singing off the same him sheet and it feels like there isn't really any plan by the FA to deal with this issue. I think it's actually a sorry state of affairs as the FA are doing a diservice to the refs sending them out there to face the wrath of the rest of the world when they are following their instructions.

I think they need to make some videos and put them all over social media clarifying exactly the nuance of any rule with example and get all the high profile pundits to it down and talk with the refs so they can start to diseminate that info to their viewers. If the rules evolve or are tweaked it needs to have quite a significant push to make people aware that doesnt appear to be taking place for the good of everyone involved.

One issue I'd like the FA to get a grip on is this hounding of referees to pressure them into changing decisions. There's been several examples this season with Forrest and Brentford. I thought they were clamping down on this in the last couple of years but it seems to have died a death. To be honest if the FA are happy to allow this behaviour then regrettably I'd say we need to start doing likewise.

There is absolutely no respect for the refs, if the FA wants there to be they could do something about it. Does anyone remember at the start of Caldwells Championship season the refs were booking everyone for mouthing off, and before that we had refs moving free kicks 10 yards further forward to punish players for disrespecting them - but all of those things seemed to get dropped quite quickly.