Thank you Hartlepool | Vital Football

Thank you Hartlepool

Vambogills

Vital Football Hero
They clearly thought that the huge amount of space we gave them today was some sort of trap and refused to fall for it and punish us. They just kept to their very neat 4-4-2 and moved it up and down and side to side as required. Their keeper slung a hammock between the posts and slept as we spent 90mins passing the ball sideways and backwards until we gave it away. I don't like to blame anyone but if your name began with an 'O' you were pants today.
On the positive side we are somehow still in the hat and sitting in the Medway stand was a good chance to meet other depressed Gills fans and form a new bond of despair.

Pools did their homework on us and credit to them - they also had a few players out with injuries and suspensions. It shows how poor we are when we can create so little against a side of this level. Only 2100 gfc fans bothered and the atmosphere was totally depressing. We really are shite and it is going to end in tears unless we make some decent signings in January. They will cost money so it will not happen and we all know why.

They clearly thought that the huge amount of space we gave them today was some sort of trap and refused to fall for it and punish us. They just kept to their very neat 4-4-2 and moved it up and down and side to side as required. Their keeper slung a hammock between the posts and slept as we spent 90mins passing the ball sideways and backwards until we gave it away. I don't like to blame anyone but if your name began with an 'O' you were pants today.
On the positive side we are somehow still in the hat and sitting in the Medway stand was a good chance to meet other depressed Gills fans and form a new bond of despair.
It's funny you know, but a few weeks ago there were people on here saying that 4-4-2 was basically a useless system.

Just goes to show it's horses for courses.

We didn't start playing 4-4-2. That is why Ogilvie was substituted at half time and he couldn't be arsed to join the bench for the second half. .There was no way players were going to get seriously involved in this game, because they might get injured.
The players need to refund the spectators ticket fees, because as a squad they failed to 'turn up'.

I listen / watch every game on my fone.
Today sounded pony , and there's been plenty of that unfortunately.
Apparently , according to the commentary we had ZERO attempts on goal , against a team two divisions lower

Hartlepool say replay will be a week Wednesday, GFC seem to be indicating that the date remains unconfirmed. I suppose the game might be televised; either way hope we get confirmation soon.

BBC tend to show games where an upset is likely.
At least that improves our chances of being televised!

We didn't start playing 4-4-2.
Wasn't on about our set up. Vambo commented about the neatness of Hartlepool's.

I've often thought that a well drilled 4-4-2 is both a good way to see out a game and gives excellent breakaway chances.

A lot better than these poncy formations that no one knows how to play anyway.