Thank Goodness it wasnt Us!!! | Vital Football

Thank Goodness it wasnt Us!!!

Redimps1

Vital Squad Member
If we had won at Everton i believe we could have had the misfortune of playing Millwall.
Disgracefull scenes in and around that ground today,something our new family support should not have to encounter.

If we had won at Everton i believe we could have had the misfortune of playing Millwall.
Disgracefull scenes in and around that ground today,something our new family support should not have to encounter.
Trouble at the Wall ?? . Never , I was a regular at the Den in the 60s and 70s . Never saw a thing officer . Na not at all . Blown out of all proportion . ????

Sadly they have, not as bad but it kicked off after the game.

Yes. There is only one exit from the away end at Bury and that through a gate around 10 feet wide. It seems that a number of Bury fans were waiting at the exit to attack those coming back out. That drove the families and more sensible of our supporters back into the ground, where upon a number of our supporters charged in to confront theirs, swiftly followed by half a dozen stewards. I think a set of skirmishes moved off toward the Lincoln buses, which allowed Tom and I to exit across the Car Park.

I wasn't quite at the gate to see who started what, so I am open to being corrected, but I was close enough to be pushed back by those running away and could see the scuffles.

Didnt see any trouble so must have happened before we reached the exit.
We actually chatted with quite a few Bury fans on way out and back to car.
ALL of them very friendly and very complimentary of our performance.

Apparently we asked for it because our fans were cocky, wtf!

Yeah I've reported that guy on twitter to the cops. Don't even care if he was involved - he could do with a firm talking to.

I don't know if anyone was being 'cocky' on the way out and that was what was being referred to, but if they are talking about inside the ground I suspect it is more likely that they weren't used to the level of support that we brought with us.

Both sets of fans were vocal throughout the game (given the quite periods after the opposition scored), but each set had a drum and they were next to each other in the corner. Sometimes it was difficult to tell which set was chanting (especially as a number of the tunes were the same). It was also possible for both sets of fans to get out of their seats and go to the edge of the pitch, which made them more obvious to the other side.

I thought it was a good atmosphere, but I wasn't that close to any confrontational stuff.

Didn't see any of the trouble but we left pretty much straight on full time
Only a handful of police who were stood on the street corners away from the ground
I was surprised as you left the away end you meet up with home fans straight away in the car park and no police or stewards
Didn't seem anything but normal banter during the game TBF both teams well supported

I heard an exchange on the way back to the car where a couple of middle aged Bury supporters were commenting on how the Yeovil supporters were bemoaning how our players were engaging in 'dirty tactics' and niggling fouls. I think some of our bad press is spread by Chinese whispers, half-truths and more than a tad of jealousy.

It seemed odd to me that around 100 Bury fans (from the vocal section near the away end) left with around 5 minutes to go. Didn't give it much thought after that though.

Seems they simply walked round to the away end, into the away end (as the doors were open) without being stopped by stewards and, according to social media and comments at the time in the ground, went for anyone in a Lincoln scarf coming out- kids, women, families, elderly plus the rest of us.

Didnt help but all the families etc (who were in the sitting section) were nearest the away exit so copped the brunt of it.

Some Lincoln fans then chased them out and it all started again in the car park and road outside the away end.

First time in years I've had to put my hood up, my head down and just walk quickly away and hope no-one side swipes me.

Clearly pre-meditated (the orchestrated leaving the game with 5 minutes to go shows that) and they didn't seem to give a stuff who was on the receiving end- saw some absolutely petrified Imps little ones.

Police were utterly useless and refused to get involved- told the stewards to sort it. Only stepped in when it spilled onto the road itself and threatened to stop traffic!

LCFC and Lincs Police Football Unit are investigating.

Have to say haven't experienced this in a number of years- opposition fans intent on attacking Imps fans in any circumstances and whoever they were, however old they were and whatever gender they were.

That includes away at Mansfield, Grimsby, County, Chesterfield etc- knuckle draggers still around it seems

The bloke was clearly a wum, a couple of others put similar.
If you're going to scrap at least pick on the right people not bloody families, disgusting!