text and drive | Vital Football

text and drive

badge73

Vital 1st Team Regular
and been banging on about this for a while yet still see loads of it on the roads and the coppers dont do a lot about it either, never mind for the punishments dished out by the courts

Text messaging while behind the wheel is as dangerous as being twice over the legal drink-drive limit, according to new research yesterday.

Scientists compared the effects of mobile phone use while driving with the effects of alcohol using a driving simulator.

Their experiment demonstrated that sending a text message or even using a hands-free mobile phone kit is the same as being above the legal alcohol limit for driving.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2293667/Sending-text-wheel-dangerous-twice-drink-drive-limit.

Yup, should be taken out of their cars and repeatedly kicked in the head until they bleed to death... slowly.

Just so wreckless and totally not necessary. FFS, what do these people think is so important that they have to risk our lives.

Had one nearly 'get me' as I was pulling off the M42 and moving towards the toll roll some months back. Stupid cow.

The number of drivers I see texting of talking on their phones when driving is quite amazing , even on the motorway.

I nearly got taken out at a pedestrian crossing the other day and guess what, the driver was on the phone.

Something needs to be done about it.

Where does everyone stand on phone use while sat in traffic?

I don't use my phone while 'driving' but I'm not gonna lie, I do sometimes get it out and check the footie scores or golf scores if I'm in a jam.

I suppose it's still a distraction and could cause me to bump into someone (hasn't yet) but I don't think you're risking lives at 2mph.

You've not stopped to think of how many tortoises you might have wiped out with your selfish ways have you Deano?

Shame I hadn't said mollusc because they I could have said shellfish ways.

I don't think they should be used anytime you are in control of a car, whether you are stationery or not.

Doesn't count for Deano then, he's always drunk whilst driving so never in control of his car to be fair!

Is checking the footie scores while stationary any worse than flicking through the channels on the radio though?

Your mobile phone should be in the glove box, a manbag or your pocket when you are in a car.

No excuses, end of.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a ****.

If I ever see anyone on their phone I pull up alongside them and just leave my hand on the horn. 12 seconds has been my record so far.

As for texting it's exactly the same.

You're flying about in 2 tonnes of steel and you're not concentrating?

FUCK YOU!

If the handbrake isn't on... then your eyes should be on the road or obviously any nice bit of totty walking down the road.

Anything else isn't really acceptable.

I find quite amusing to keep a small pile of stones on the passenger and throw them cars if the driver is on the telephone. They soon get off the phone!!

Although it is not advisible to do this during a traffic jam

The Fear - 15/3/2013 14:45

Had one nearly 'get me' as I was pulling off

I would argue that you're just as bad as this activity should also not be conducted when driving.

Rather strangely talking on a phone whilst driving is illegal here (Norway) but not texting. A bus driver lost his job over texting whilst driving a while back but nothing could be done in terms of the law, he only lost his job because he was carrying passengers at the time, otherwise nothing could have been done at all.