Tettey | Vital Football

Tettey

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
So apparently the club is in discussion over a new contract for him. What do you guys think. Would you want him here for another season? Or is it time to let him go?

What happened to that dodgy knee which he claimed prevented him from playing more than once a week ? A bit of a liability now is Teabag if you ask me . This will be the second time he has helped relegate us and that’s not good . I am not denying that he hasn’t been a great servant , but he won’t be able play the 2 games a week in the Championship so it’s time the say thanks and goodbye

What happened to that dodgy knee which he claimed prevented him from playing more than once a week ? A bit of a liability now is Teabag if you ask me . This will be the second time he has helped relegate us and that’s not good .

It takes more than one player for a team to be relegated.

Interesting how we seem to be getting more out of Tettey and Byram this season than others have in the past. Is it a new magic sponge in use?

Who would we fit into his role?
Maybe time for someone new (a new transfer) or maybe Sitti will be his replacement - Will Thompson be given a chance to show he is over injuries, Gilmour looks a good prospect, Trybull might be the one trusted to be the next Tettey?

It could depend on whether DF looks to the u23 for someone to fill the gap.

Tettey has been better this season than ever. His passing success rate has improved greatly and the coaching team, as well as improvements in recovery techniques as well as Tettey understanding what his body needs have helped him play every game. If his body is able and he will sign, I’d give him another year.
Sitti has been bought as a long-term successor and as he’s so young, watching Tettey go about his business at first hand could only help his development.

Reactions: Rex
Sitti has been bought as a long-term successor and as he’s so young, watching Tettey go about his business at first hand could only help his development.

Does Tettey speak French (given that he had time playing in France) as that may help Sitti settle here.

Does Tettey speak French (given that he had time playing in France) as that may help Sitti settle here.
Yes he does and so does Tim Krul - I remember reading that they spoke to Amadou in French during games as he didn’t speak English.

I think it is a good thing. A good character, long servant to the club, can help youngsters plus has been there and done it. I do wonder how he'll last in the championship as his knees just couldn't cope so hopefully he'll be playing backup for another player.

Clearly a year to hand the ropes over to someone else , and for him to play a few games . I can’t see his knees being able to go through the rigours of a Championship season where we will often be playing twice a week

Its amazing how he has been able to play so much this season.....the magic sponge has obviously worked for him!

He has earnt that contract extension.......well done :clap: :clap: :clap: