Testing - Gills Related | Vital Football

Testing - Gills Related

jogills

Vital Football Hero
Genuine questions relating to this article.

Why are they testing League Two when I believed their season was over?

Why are they not testing League One if there is an intention to play again?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52864659

Read it through again and they are saying League Two play offs to take place. Is that true and when did that happen? In any event the whole enterprise looks a bit of a cock up.

Genuine questions relating to this article.

Why are they testing League Two when I believed their season was over?

Why are they not testing League One if there is an intention to play again?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52864659

Read it through again and they are saying League Two play offs to take place. Is that true and when did that happen? In any event the whole enterprise looks a bit of a cock up.
League 2 have decided to have promotion playoffs and League 1 haven't decided yet. That's why the 4 teams in league 2:have been tested and league 1 havent.

I don't know how long league 1 have? I hope teams will be putting the health of the nation and the good of football as a whole before their own self interests ;)

I note that there is an advert for IQ Testing. Let's hope that GFC will not be subject to that.

Similar situation brewing in the National League, where teams at the top, who are well represented on the decision making loop, seem to be successfully promoting a bid to have play-offs whilst those at the bottom end are being prevented from playing out games that could see them retain their status in the NL. Similar in L2 - if the top teams want to play-off, then the teams at the bottom should be allowed to play out (or play-off) in order to have a similar chance, which for them would be to stay in the EFL. Chaotic !!!

Colchester United tested as they have a play off spot and returned 7 positive tests! The whole thing stinks! No fans in the ground but ok for 20 players in the 18 yard box at corners!

A further thought. There appears to have been a thorough and exhaustive tessting programme involving Championship and Premiership clubs. We can argue about the ethics of that but just consider the cost and organisation involved, including quarantining of those tested positive.

Is it really worth doing any similar programme in Leagues One and Two?

Given that testing has not even begun in League One then is there time enough to do it properly?

A further thought. There appears to have been a thorough and exhaustive tessting programme involving Championship and Premiership clubs. We can argue about the ethics of that but just consider the cost and organisation involved, including quarantining of those tested positive.

Is it really worth doing any similar programme in Leagues One and Two?

Given that testing has not even begun in League One then is there time enough to do it properly?
The League 1 vote has been pushed back to June 8, a week tomorrow.
Clubs have until this Tuesday to put forward any representations for how and why they think the season should be ended.
I agree even if the vote result is a majority of teams wanting to carry on (unlikely), there isn’t time to play the matches given no League One squads are even in training yet and about half the players will be out of contract by the end of June anyway!

Yes, L1 is running out of time. If there is to be a L1 play-off final EFL indicates it must be before the Championship P/Off Final - which will take place in early August - and, Championship clubs have been back training for quite a while now !

Yes, L1 is running out of time. If there is to be a L1 play-off final EFL indicates it must be before the Championship P/Off Final - which will take place in early August - and, Championship clubs have been back training for quite a while now !
It is hard to see how the fixtures could be completed ready for August.It might come down to Play off's as they are using some sort of PPG formula. Or complete the fixtures and have the top three promoted.Given the costs I would think we will go straight into play off's which are going to be hotly disputed. As will relegation.