Test off | Vital Football

Test off

shotshy

Vital Champions League
Final test match has been cancelled due to covid concerns.
Fans will be refunded but gutted for those who had tickets.

Hmm.. the IPL restarting two days after the test and the opportunity for players to fly home earlier to take part.... call me cynical but...

Not necessarily ☹️

It'll be a travesty if India walk away with the series after this. All their players had PCRs yesterday and tested negative with just a few backroom staff testing positive. Our sports teams have had to deal with the situations like this for the past year or so and got on with things. The match could easily have been postponed for a day or two, but the Indians won't want to do that as, as pointed out above, the wretched and pointless IPL starts next week.

It'll be a travesty if India walk away with the series after this. All their players had PCRs yesterday and tested negative with just a few backroom staff testing positive. Our sports teams have had to deal with the situations like this for the past year or so and got on with things. The match could easily have been postponed for a day or two, but the Indians won't want to do that as, as pointed out above, the wretched and pointless IPL starts next week.

It may be wretched and pointless to us, but I would imagine it makes up for over 50% of the cricketers wages, if not more. I think I know what I would do.

I understand that some Indian players missed this series but I am not sure which, as all those I am familiar with seem to have played, whereas we have missed Stokes and Archer for the whole series and I think Broad, Wood and Woakes have only played one game each. Buttler also missed the last test for the birth of his child.

India forfeiting the final test probably evened things up a bit and reflected the usual strength of the two countries in English conditions.

Of course, our flaky batting can not compete in Indian conditions at current time.

I see that the ECB have now retracted their statement saying that India had forfeited the match, even thought it sounds like their players were effectively refusing to play and they gave only 2 hours notice.

Kent had to find a whole new team for some T20 and One Day cup matches due to Covid issues but still played.

Money talks again.

Kent had to find a whole new team for some T20 and One Day cup matches due to Covid issues but still played.

Money talks again.

Not sure where India's alternative test players are currently playing, but in fairness to them I'd imagine it was easier for Kent to pull together the necessary players from the 2nd XI within the same county than it would be for India to bring players over from whichever coutnry they're currently playing in.