Terry Hawkridge | Vital Football

Terry Hawkridge

Not for me, if someone like Whitehouse isn't good enough to make a difference in a hopefully top side next season, then the same applies to Hawkridge.

I can't see this happening. A very decent/good player but at the wage he's presumably on at County i don't think he's value for money.

Not for me, if someone like Whitehouse isn't good enough to make a difference in a hopefully top side next season, then the same applies to Hawkridge.

100% agree Impish. If we couldn't hang on to Terry last summer why bring him back now. If we are to progress we need to bring in better players than him-great servant as he was. DC clearly didn't fight to keep Whitehouse otherwise I think he would have offered a contract extension well before his contract ran out.

100% agree Impish. If we couldn't hang on to Terry last summer why bring him back now. If we are to progress we need to bring in better players than him-great servant as he was. DC clearly didn't fight to keep Whitehouse otherwise I think he would have offered a contract extension well before his contract ran out.

But we are at the point where we need numbers in the squad, and that means not every player coming in is going to be a nailed on first teamer being paid first team wages.

With Whitehouse, it looks fairly obvious that Grimsby offered him a better contract because we - rightly in my opinion - offered him a deal and wage that would reflect his position as a squad player.

If Hawkridge became available on ‘squad player’ level wages and was one of those pushing the first XI and making an impact from the bench (as he often did in the championship season), I think he’d be an excellent addition. Knows the Cowley method, obviously a good egg to have around the place, and offers good delivery from wide areas... something that apart from Eardley, we didn’t really have last season.

Not sure if it will make a difference, but he and his lady have a little one on the way and she's Lincoln based. Maybe avoiding the commute might suit him?

Just in terms of the player and not considering whatever money he's on etc., would be quite happy with Hawkridge. Different wide option to what we had last season. Would also be a good player to have if we're going to try and knock it about a bit more, with Pett/Freck/Andrade.

he left us to go play in his home town and more money. Apart from more money i don't see what's changed.

If we are supposed to be looking for fast wingers, then that leaves Hawkridge out.
Although he made some excellent crosses he didn't have the speed to pass defenders like Anderson or Rowe.
If DC had thought he was good enough we would have tried harder to keep him.

Indeed Hawkridge is a good technical player but he's not the quickest.
If he'd had Muldoon's pace with his skill then Danny would have kept him but he doesn't so he's he's as likely to want him now as he did last summer.

Terry good professional but we offered a limited contract for a reason. Being a good lad does not justify a return although such a dearth of left sided players indicates why there is a grain of truth in the rumour!

Because he gives us more options on the left and is a better crosser of the ball than any of are current wide players, with the exception of Eardley. I think he would be a good addition to the squad. I don't feel this would be a step backwards as I believe he has a lot of ability to offer to the squad.

Personally, I get bored with so many people wanting to bring back our old Conference players. Look up not down.
100% agree. There are only 3 orbthe starting XI still at the club from the league clinched against Macc. D.C. has totally re-engineered the team in a season bit by bit. In that time we’ve won the Checkatrade and made the play-offs - a brilliant management performance. I’ve no doubt the Cowleys will do what is required in the transfer market and have their ambitions otherwise they wouldn’t have signed their new contracts. At times I think we all forget how far we’ve come in the past 2 years. The club is in great hands and we have the best management team in the lower leagues in my humble view. Eyes forward not backwards.

Personally, I get bored with so many people wanting to bring back our old Conference players. Look up not down.

I think you have to judge each case individually. I'd have Ragett back in a heartbeat, probably Woodyard too. Hawkridge and Robinson are in the 'possibly' category for me - we do need a bigger squad.