Terror Attacks | Page 23 | Vital Football

Terror Attacks

Russia has the GDP of Benelux and is able to stand up to the US and UK whenever it wants. I don't think Putin is a good guy but he has the Russian Bear on it's feet again after Yelsin and the fall of communism. You have to respect him for that.

sirdennis - 8/3/2018 06:18

Ah yes the ones he couldn't use because they are illegal. They only cost £320,000.

The good old Tories; always so frugal and sensible with public money.

BodyButter - 8/3/2018 06:00

Russia has the GDP of Benelux and is able to stand up to the US and UK whenever it wants. I don't think Putin is a good guy but he has the Russian Bear on it's feet again after Yelsin and the fall of communism. You have to respect him for that.
Well he's certainly got the Russian oligarches on their feet. I'm not sure how well the Russian people are doing. With a GDP the size of Benelux how can they afford the massive armaments programmes that they are pursuing and, at the same time, raise the living standards of ordinary Russians Apparently their health service is a wreck. Unless you happen to be one of the bandits who looted industries after the fall of communism.

ironside - 9/3/2018 04:20

BodyButter - 8/3/2018 06:00

Well he's certainly got the Russian oligarches on their feet. I'm not sure how well the Russian people are doing. With a GDP the size of Benelux how can they afford the massive armaments programmes that they are pursuing and, at the same time, raise the living standards of ordinary Russians Apparently their health service is a wreck. Unless you happen to be one of the bandits who looted industries after the fall of communism.

Their wages have tripled since he came to power. From what I've heard, Russians love him for putting the country back on it's feet.

I don't know enough about Russia to comment on their health service but with the situation the NHS is in, we shouldn't criticise him for that too harshly.

I wouldn't want him as Prime Minister. I don't think he's a good guy but you can't ignore his achievements.

That's it, keep most? happy, arrest (or something like that) the opposition leader and run a one-horse race election. Keep onside with the likes of Syria, you've got it sorted......

Putin + oligarchs is the reason why Putin is one of the wealthiest me in the world. Almost makes you feel sorry for the PM on a measly £150k per annum.

I don’t know much about the history of Russia, but the average working man is up against it out there at the moment. Inflation went through the roof when the Ruble crashed and wages have stagnated. A professional £40k a year job over here pays about £10k over there. It’s the level of poverty versus the wealth of the few that make the average Russian quite interesting in their support of Putin.

There’s a noticeable difference in opinions of Russians of their mother country depending on where they are, perhaps that’s obvious. US or European educated obviously see the downsides.

When you say support of Putin, you also have to take into account the fear factor. There are quite a few that say they support him, because they think that is the right answer.

I don't see any ruler that uses fear as a good one.

9 dead in a Toronto after lunatic in a van drives into pedestrians.

Edit: From early reports sounded like classic Islamist terrorism, but not so sure now. Either way, people seem very touchy about the nature of these attacks. On Twitter people seem more concerned about telling everyone that we don't know what his motives were, rather than the fact that nine people are dead.

Last edited:
Tried to get himself shot after aswell wielding what looks like a gun but is actually his mobile , well done the Canadian police for spotting that and rather than shooting him dead (US style) they pin him down and now can interrogate and incarcerate the scumbag

Russia has the GDP of Benelux and is able to stand up to the US and UK whenever it wants.

Thats why you don't hand over your nuclear weapons.

I've said it here before Russia can really do what they want because in order to stop them you have to incite WW3. You'd have to enact a declaration of war to stop them or you could do the whole proxy war shit all over again but that won't stop them completely.

Sadly for a lot of countries on Russia's border and beyond you have to be realistic, the United States et al. aren't going to incite a global war for a country like Latvia. They've all joined NATO but when push comes to shove I really can't see it. To play devils advocate it'll be the Nazi Germany thing again, how far would they let the Russians go before they'd intervene? I doubt the US has the appetite to invade Russia and risk their own destruction over a country however many thousands of miles away.

Sad news, leaves behind a family of three kids.

The media reported the couple led an ‘unconventional lifestyle’, so I assume they had to dig a little to come across the stuff? It opens up a whole new can of worms and leads in the case.

Reports coming from Jogya (Indonesia) that there was been a thwarted a terrorist attack in Kaliurang (approx. 25kms north of Jogya approaching Mount Merapi.

Mrs P is saying it's being reported 2 shot dead by the police and searching for the other 3 or 4. The good thing about the Polisi in Indonesia is they shoot and ask questions later.

This would seem a good place to talk about the New Zealand attack.

Has anyone read his Manifesto? It's a bit contradictory, but the overriding message is that Muslims are outbreeding good old white boys.

It also mention Trump, and people that support Trump, as inspiration.

It's a mess.

I couldn't find this one earlier - cheers.

Not surprised on Trump and as per post elsewhere, he was licensed to carry as well and five as a collection.

I didn't waste my time on his inane ramblings, nor that you found them contradictory...usually the way isn't it and full of fallacy and overblown interpretation to suit.