Terror Attacks | Page 22 | Vital Football

Terror Attacks

True BB, whether it changes anything is still to be seen.

It's such a complicated issue, but there has to be middle ground.

In a perfect world, nobody owns a gun. But if you take away the right for ordinary citizens to own guns, who is left with guns? The police and the army. Again, in some kind of utopian society that's fine.

But I can see why in the US people would see that as a whole other problem, especially as how the police force seem to be operating there. The paranoia must be rife.

Unfortunately I think they are still a long way from any kind of real solution, but something has to be done when it comes to the ease of which young people with obvious mental problems, or even anyone at all have access to deadly firearms.

To have only the police and military armed is hardly utopian, it's more or less the situation for the majority if the world.

I do concede that the American psychi, due to their (recent) history, complicates the matter though, as does the huge number of guns in circulation.

Could this finally be a turning point? I don't know why this one is so different, but the tone is certainly changing on gun control. This man has changed his mind. Many others are following him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/20/us-gun-owners-destroy-rifles-oneless-response-florida-school/

Gun owner Scott-Dani Pappalardo, who has a tattoo of the Second Amendment honouring Americans' rights to bear arms, inspired the #OneLess campaign with an impassioned anti-gun speech which has been viewed by more than 17 million people.

The New Yorker, who legally purchased and registered the AR-15 assault rifle 30 years ago, said the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School tragedy had changed his mind about gun control.

Mr Pappalardo’s powerful video, in which he uses an angle grinder to saw his weapon in half, has now encouraged others to do the same.

I hope it is the start of something, SJH. I never thought I would ever see one of these Second Amendment people ever change their mind.

And yes, Mike. I said the other day, who needs an Assault Rifle? It really is mind boggling.

I feel like this should be in terror attacks.

In this day and age this shit is still acceptable.

"Inaction in the face of unrelenting attacks on civilians represents an epic failure of world leaders," they write in The Lancet. "The UN Security Council has utterly failed the people of Syria. The UN Secretariat seems to operate without an effective strategy for political negotiations or aid delivery. These compounded failures are increasing frustrations with the UN as a legitimate interlocutor on human rights violations everywhere, and translate into deaths and suffering. We cannot allow this situation to continue."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/02/24/588516461/400-000-people-live-in-hell-on-earth-bombing-of-damascus-suburbs-kills-hundreds

Mind blowing isn't it CDX? Mass genocide and everyone just sits back and allows it because it's not in our own country.

Its madness, its really craziness that we have a body that 'observes' war.

I know its not so simple, not like you can really interfere but in others ways you have to.

Its not easy for me to criticise it either my godfather was in the Irish contingent that went to Lebanon in the 90s.The people who are there to do a job but as always its the people up high who arent there and don't actually see whats going on are the ones making decisions or in some cases not making any.

I'm not sure what they are expected to do. The US and the Russians are happy to keep this war going for as long as possible so it will keep going going and people will keep dying.

A more subtle terrorist attack, but an attack non the less, is the case of the former Russian spy Sergei Skripal.

Poisoned by an 'unknown substance' has all the hallmarks of Russian Secret Service operating in the UK. They do have 'form' of course (Litvinenko), so hopefully MI6 nail the bastards if they're still in this country.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/06/police-probe-russian-spy-critical-condition-closes-zizzi-restuarant-7364981/

I wouldn't hold your breath Pride. Nothing has happened with the Litvinenko death even though everyone seems to know who did it.

I would imagine it would be different if we popped over to Russia and took out one of their spies.

sirdennis - 5/3/2018 16:52

I wouldn't hold your breath Pride. Nothing has happened with the Litvinenko death even though everyone seems to know who did it.

I would imagine it would be different if we popped over to Russia and took out one of their spies.

Yeah, you're right there sirdennis.....

:21:

You wouldn't want to mess with Boris.

He said if there is evidence of Russian involvement in the poisoning business there will be sanctions which will include officials not attending the World Cup. !!!!!

That'll scare Putin stiff.

:3:

sirdennis - 5/3/2018 23:10

He said if there is evidence of Russian involvement in the poisoning business there will be sanctions which will include officials not attending the World Cup. !!!!!

I wouldn't trust Putrid Putin as far as I could throw him......

If he'd allow me to try anyway....

So, it was some sort of nerve agent that was used on Sergei Skripal and his daughter. The first police officer on the scene is also in a critical condition.

You can guarantee it was the slimy russians.

So, it was some sort of nerve agent that was used on Sergei Skripal and his daughter. The first police officer on the scene is also in a critical condition.

You can guarantee it was the slimy russians.

sirdennis - 6/3/2018 16:10

He could threaten him with one of those redundant water-cannons.