Tender paid for tomorrow night | Vital Football

Tender paid for tomorrow night

I really want to watch tomorrow, but every time I buy a match pass we lose.

As a superstitious bugger (at least where football is concerned) it looks like I'll have to make do with the increasingly irritating and vague match commentary instead.

I really want to watch tomorrow, but every time I buy a match pass we lose.

As a superstitious bugger (at least where football is concerned) it looks like I'll have to make do with the increasingly irritating and vague match commentary instead.
I too keep paying and watching us lose. I decided against it v Rochdale and we all know what happened there.

I do feel my jonahism is about to end though. Plus I agree with sturdy, I can’t bloody wait. So tenner paid. 👍

I'm glad the KO is at a decent time. The early evening KOs are no good when you work 7-7 shifts! With 7:45, I can either watch at home, or listen in the radio at work 🙂

it looks like I'll have to make do with the increasingly irritating and vague match commentary instead.

You don't get that option in Suffolk - cannot pick up the DAB signal, online does not give the commentary - no problem because I can't bear to miss iFollow (so far).

Seven games off in League One tomorrow - Covid doesn't like our division.
Seven games off in League One tomorrow - Covid doesn't like our division.

Worryingly this has all the makings of a slow slide into complete paralysis . Postponements in the top division and proliferating further down with several clubs to miss the next three games. It won't take a lot more to make a nonsense of the competition again. I seriously wonder whether a mid winter break might happen.

If there continues to be widespread postponements I wonder if they'll extend the season. We can't be far off the point where there aren't enough Tuesdays left as backup and I can't see the small squads coping with playing Sat, Tues, Thur instead.

Although thinking about it there is the Euros so may not work for the Championship.

I don't understand why we don't just have a winter break this season. Give a chance for the vaccines to be rolled out and play on through May and first bit of June. Month off and then start preseason in mid July with the season KO in Mid/late August.

If we nationally try to suppress the virus through January we can protect the NHS and then crack on with the vaccinations.

Is it that hard a decision to make ?

I don't understand why we don't just have a winter break this season. Give a chance for the vaccines to be rolled out and play on through May and first bit of June. Month off and then start preseason in mid July with the season KO in Mid/late August.

If we nationally try to suppress the virus through January we can protect the NHS and then crack on with the vaccinations.

Is it that hard a decision to make ?

No, it`s probably the right one but,

but............. putting an even longer gap between watching the guys take to the field in their warm up tops as I take a bite of hot dog and a glance into the programme to see who`s in the other team, whilst also wondering if the car was left in a safe place, or simply wondering where I left the car; working out if there`s a spare seat available in another row that might be better than my first, sometimes hurried, choice; turning heads and nodding acknowledgement to familiar faces on the terrace/stands; wondering whether another pee is required after two pints in the concourse area or whether another pie would be enough to actually prevent the need for another pee and besides, after finding a good seat, should I risk leaving it unguarded anyway! Getting that selfie with the backdrop of Gills on the pitch and away main stand - to impress your mates on Face Book, but also, to honour that commitment to the Mrs who wants proof that you`ve arrived safely. Getting really concerned, half an hour into the game, that the certainty of a win, concreted in my mind on arrival, was beginning to look less and less likely; then, crawling around people`s feet searching for my specs, sent flying during the collective surge and leap to celebrate that fantastic Gills` effort as it hit the back of their net; the hope that we can hold on to a winning position; the sometimes tricky descent to the exit that combines neat foot movement and navigation with continuous clapping using raised hands aimed in the direction of our boys, as they acknowledge our efforts from the terrace and we their efforts on the field; joining the after-game throng as it meanders homeward along the small streets, trying to contain excitement and an urge to punch the air whilst weaving between the legions of defeated fans as they trudge from the stadium. Finding the car still there, or getting to the train station, just in time. Getting back home, hours after the game ends, and enjoying a nice meal and glass of beer........................... all makes the notion of waiting just tooooo challenging - a gap between the last Gills game and an even more delayed next one is just toooo painful.

But, in all honesty, you are right, Mark.