Temporary stand | Page 3 | Vital Football

Temporary stand

I don’t think we need to move, we could easily make the Sincil Bank site into an 18-20 thousand ground. We just need the non match day revenue facilities to help with cashflow

If funds ever allowed it, and needs called for it, then yes, 6000 on coop side can definitely be matched by the same on St Andrews side. And maybe a new stand there one day could be up to 8000 or so.
Stacey West is planned to go up to around 3000. So we could end up somewhere above 15000 seats one day.

Priority though is income maximisation and getting as much from away fans as possible is a key objective.

If funds ever allowed it, and needs called for it, then yes, 6000 on coop side can definitely be matched by the same on St Andrews side. And maybe a new stand there one day could be up to 8000 or so.
Stacey West is planned to go up to around 3000. So we could end up somewhere above 15000 seats one day.

Priority though is income maximisation and getting as much from away fans as possible is a key objective.
What has been planned for the SW is decent for away fans to last for years to come. If we were to stay at SB the re-development of The St. Andrews/Senility is THE biggie.

Even leaving aside any other considerations about remaining at SB/LNER (access, parking, water pressure and so on) the infrastructure required for a new Senilty stand has to be massive to bring us up to speed commercially/corporately.

I'm no buildings/costings expert but I would imagine you are looking at 10M upwards for that stand alone as a ball park figure. Perhaps others with knowledge of the building industry can cast more light on my speculation.

If you want to do that and remain competitive on the pitch then we are looking at a whole new stratosphere of investment (and that's before we figure out how to get more beer lines into The CoOp :grinning:) or alternatively MA working his magic and getting us into The Prem where it would be just 10% of one seasons turnover.

This was the mock up somebody did before of the Stacey West with extension, with the white seats, from the opposite goal.
sw-kop design.gif

It would be good to at least put two new "wings" on the Selenity and add a few thousand more seats. The stand as it is, is very inefficient, I think because it was built straight after Bradford to a very cautious spec which means there are lots of aisles and the seats are far more spaced out than they would be in a modern stand.

for starters, where do the players run out. there's no tunnel.

We dig down Croozy, we dig down. Players appearing from underground in the center circle.

For example, I’m in awe of construction in Europe. Maastricht is a case in point a massive 4 level under ground car park catering for 1,089 (Mosae Forum) cars and on top a shopping center. Likewise, they have built one massive cut & cover tunnel that goes under Maastricht 2.5k’s. In awe because we still have crossing gates (train) in the center of Lincoln.

It would be good to at least put two new "wings" on the Selenity and add a few thousand more seats. The stand as it is, is very inefficient, I think because it was built straight after Bradford to a very cautious spec which means there are lots of aisles and the seats are far more spaced out than they would be in a modern stand.
If only we could have afforded to do the whole length at the time. As you say two wings with naff-all underneath would be better than what we have now. But the funny thing is, that full lenght selenity mock-up still doesn't look that great does it? The new Stacey West addition actually looks OK in the mock-up.
I still think the future is Sincil Bank if we can get it to around 15 -20,000 for the cheapest possible. Problems not with standing. Don't forget we'll all be using public transport from 2030 so I can't see why access is a problem.

If only we could have afforded to do the whole length at the time. As you say two wings with naff-all underneath would be better than what we have now. But the funny thing is, that full lenght selenity mock-up still doesn't look that great does it? The new Stacey West addition actually looks OK in the mock-up.
I still think the future is Sincil Bank if we can get it to around 15 -20,000 for the cheapest possible. Problems not with standing. Don't forget we'll all be using public transport from 2030 so I can't see why access is a problem.

I couldn't use public transport from where I live; we only have buses twice a week and even though the east coast mainline actually runs through my village, there is no station!

I couldn't use public transport from where I live; we only have buses twice a week and even though the east coast mainline actually runs through my village, there is no station!
The only answer to that is to move back to the Metropolis.
By the way why weren't you mentioned on Hope and Glory tonight?

I have visions of you jumping from a bridge and clinging to the top of an Inter City Train all the way to Lincoln, just to get your weekly fix of all things LCFC.

Realistically then, for the builders ,architects and any imps with experience of erecting such a structure,, what capacity temporary stand could we fit into gap we have to play with?

Since when did stations have anything to with anything unless you happen to live in Ashford (Kent). HS2 no stations in Buckinghamshire. Bothersome passengers would only want to get on the trains which would require them to stop. Brummies would not be able to get to London so quickly.
There's the tangent for this thread.