Teams we have never played in a competitive match, league or cup comps. | Vital Football

Teams we have never played in a competitive match, league or cup comps.

PhilK66

Vital 1st Team Regular
Looking at the PL and three EFL leagues which teams have we never played competitively even when we were in non league?

Man U and Liverpool maybe? Very few others but the Stattos out there might well know better.

I don't recall us playing Man United

I have seen Gills v forest Green but that was a friendly, so agree with FGR and Salford for sure.

There is a website called 11 vs 11...just add two teams and all their competitive results come up!

I don't recall us playing Man United

I have seen Gills v forest Green but that was a friendly, so agree with FGR and Salford for sure.

Manu was a testimonial for buster collins (utd team brought down by brucie). Been discussed many times on here.

I thought it was one of those trivia question /answers that Man U were the only team we have never played competitively.

Although recent “non-league” sides mentioned like Salford and FGR would now be added. There may be others similar.

You played Liverpool in 1914 fa cup and sadly lost.
This inspired me to read up on the match from the excellent Gillingham Scrapbook. I particularly enjoyed the preview from the Liverpool Echo here: http://gillinghamfcscrapbook.co.uk/...ol Echo Cup Preview Part 1.jpg&season=1913-14

For example: "Gilligan (inside right) - Always falling over.", "Glen (centre forward) - Fairly quick, but not much class", "Liverpool should win about 5-0". Local paper previews haven't changed that much since.