Team vs west ham | Vital Football

Team vs west ham

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
Ds says that the aim now is to not finish bottom of the league.

DS says he has heard nothing from Bournemouth on whether they want to sign Cantwell

Aim next season is to get promotion.

DS says there will not be big changes in summer. Will be mostly the sane squad. Only going to be a couple of new faces.

McLean out for the season (like last season)

Sargent out for season after injuring his ankle again.

Pukki has transfer speculation but DS says he can see pukki being with us next season .

Hernandez, McCallum, hugill all back with the club and training.

DS says the West ham game is going to be hard for us as they are a good side and so fit.

All transfer rumour is agent lead.

McLean, omobamidele, idah, kabak, sargent all our for the season.

Why is the aim of the next season to get promoted ? Is it to go through all the same same humiliation and misery yet again ?

I'm heartbroken to hear MCrap is out for the season :grinning:

I forgot to add that Zimmermann looks set to be out too.

He had a hip injury and now it's a groin issue.

Zimmermann is one I think might have to go. He has so many injury issues

Never been the same since that West Ham bloke crippled him

His injury record before that was excellent. He played 90 games for us in his first two seasons after that injury he has played under 47 .

I remember an interview he had after that injury and he said that they were unsure if it was actually a career ender for a period, looks like it might have been. It's a real shame as I think he could have stepped up to the Prem before that injury but since then he just doesn't move the same.

Why is the aim of the next season to get promoted ? Is it to go through all the same same humiliation and misery yet again ?

I'm heartbroken to hear MCrap is out for the season :grinning:

What worries me is if that isn't our aim then what is it?

His injury record before that was excellent. He played 90 games for us in his first two seasons after that injury he has played under 47 .

I remember an interview he had after that injury and he said that they were unsure if it was actually a career ender for a period, looks like it might have been. It's a real shame as I think he could have stepped up to the Prem before that injury but since then he just doesn't move the same.

What worries me is if that isn't our aim then what is it?

Dirty west ham git did not even get a yellow as far as I recall.
I was at the game.

It's a shame s one of the guys back from loan can't play for us. Be good to see McCallum, Mumba.

Did we even get a freek-kick?
I don't think so. I remember the West Ham fans booing Zimmermann. The thing that also screwed him and us was that Zimmermann carried on playing and when WH attacked he couldn't move and they scored (I think). We were already down to our last central defenders at that point too because DF and team didn't see fit to buy a new central defender and went with three....crazy.

I forgot to add that Zimmermann looks set to be out too.

He had a hip injury and now it's a groin issue.

Zimmermann is one I think might have to go. He has so many injury issues

Still got another year on his contract (plus we have an option of another year after that). Enjoy!

I don't think so. I remember the West Ham fans booing Zimmermann. The thing that also screwed him and us was that Zimmermann carried on playing and when WH attacked he couldn't move and they scored (I think). We were already down to our last central defenders at that point too because DF and team didn't see fit to buy a new central defender and went with three....crazy.

I kind of get why we didn't, obviously we needed to get a better quality defender in but the club made it very clear that they were not going to spend money and on paper we had 4 centre backs in Hanley, Godfrey, Zimmermann and Klose.

Zimmermann had a fantastic previous season and had a slight injury going into the season so wasn't expected to be out for long and a similar thing with Klose with both expected back before the end of August. We lost Klose for the season on his return match in the League cup game against Crawley then 4 days later Zimmermann got taken out against West Ham. Sadly Hanley just couldn't stay fit.

Don't get me wrong I think we should have brought in a better quality defender but on paper we had 4 senior defenders 3 of which (Klose, Zimmermann and Godfrey) had had a good previous season. It was real bad luck that we get 2 long term injuries in the last few days of August.

I kind of get why we didn't, obviously we needed to get a better quality defender in but the club made it very clear that they were not going to spend money and on paper we had 4 centre backs in Hanley, Godfrey, Zimmermann and Klose.

Zimmermann had a fantastic previous season and had a slight injury going into the season so wasn't expected to be out for long and a similar thing with Klose with both expected back before the end of August. We lost Klose for the season on his return match in the League cup game against Crawley then 4 days later Zimmermann got taken out against West Ham. Sadly Hanley just couldn't stay fit.

Don't get me wrong I think we should have brought in a better quality defender but on paper we had 4 senior defenders 3 of which (Klose, Zimmermann and Godfrey) had had a good previous season. It was real bad luck that we get 2 long term injuries in the last few days of August.
That was the problem we had 4 central defenders but 3 had issues before the season started. Godfrey had a hernia problem that needed sorting but was put off until he got injured, Zimmermann had an injury and surgery before season started as did Klose and then picked up another injury early in season . So only had Hanley as 100% by start of season. They singed Amadou as a defensive midfielder bit obvious he was great so made him the 5th choice defender. I can't remember the line ups in friendlies but I'm sure there were warning signs that we needed extra back up in central defence because wasn't byram/Aarons used as Central defenders and Rupp at right back?

DS says players can play without pressure today and should go out and express themselves.