Team Vs WBA | Page 6 | Vital Football

Team Vs WBA

What hell has the club got fans wearing this time. pmsl. I thought the clappers were bad enough! Looks like people sat there with a little boat on their head lol

38900167_826093581112661_4242102321669996544_n.jpg

Happy clappers at the bus stop on the way back wetting themselves with excitement because we scored 3 goals . I saw it slightly differently . It was a pile of tippy tappy shite highlighted by Krulls laughable mistake and Rhodes pathetic penalty . It’s gonna be a long season

Ha ha .... arrived from the pub at my usual time of 14:59 and missed that charade . My usual grumpiness preventing me from becoming a laughing stock like the happy clappers !

Who comes up with these stupid things?

I just find it strange that fans were saying oh it is too soon for Matthews as he made a couple of mistakes but made a couple of good saves too yet he was out. Krul made a couple of mistakes and even in the brum game he looked a bit weak and fans saying he hasn't played much and needs time to settle in and let's give him time....Matthews didn't. I agree that Matthews didn't look confident but Krul hasn't either.

Do we think the defence is not confident with him or is it the issue with the formation, the rb and lb situation?

Seems to be we have a good defence but can't score or we score but concede lots.

All those goals were poor. Like defence wasn't trying.

For that 3rd goal, we had Marshall and Klose in defence and WBA had about 4 players in the box.

Smash Stevenage and build confidence and get the winning feeling and go onto Sheffield Utd (won't be easy) and get a win.....or a draw then AN returns

Cousin said the pitch looked decent at start if game but seemed very weak as it cut up very easily.

So much for all the hope and hype .It was just the usual let down . As for the March from the Q of I to the ground to help improve the atmosphere ...well WBA soon had the ground in silence

Here is a good post from the Pink Un forum by a fan who has his eyes open at games , isn’t blinded by green and yellow blood in his eyes and isn’t conned by the fact that we scored 3 . It was total shite yesterday and DF needs to change his crap 4-1-4-1 formation or go elsewhere

Attachments

• 8CD32B12-E6C6-4F9A-9341-24AFB7A1ED75.png
    8CD32B12-E6C6-4F9A-9341-24AFB7A1ED75.png
    631 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
So DF gives Krul the backing that he didn't give Matthews.

'To concede six in two games is much too much, but when I compare this to last season we had big problems in our tactical behaviour. Sometimes you get a game like this. We gave one cross, jumped under it and then Gayle is able to create a penalty. The second goal, we are so delighted to have Tim Krul here and we are lucky to have him because he has been outstanding since he arrived, but all keepers have this situation. Maybe once in three years. It is tough for him it comes in the first home game. I am pretty sure it will be the only time in three years, it just happened to be one of those days for him. The third goal, we can speak about the counter and the second ball on the set piece for the fourth goal. I got the feeling on the third goal we were a bit shocked for 10 minutes and the reaction was not perfect. Tim will not concede a goal like that again, 100pc. In both the games, we were the best side, much the better side, but we have conceded poor goals.'

So if we are to loan out Matthews and Krul continue to have some mistakes what do we do?

Will DF at least give Matthews a game in the cup or will he go with the overpaid McGovern

Here is a good post from the Pink Un forum by a fan who has his eyes open at games , isn’t blinded by green and yellow blood in his eyes and isn’t conned by the fact that we scored 3 . It was total shite yesterday and DF needs to change his crap 4-1-4-1 formation go elsewhere

I just don't get some of the over positivity from some fans that I heard on CC yesterday.

Has DF finally seen that Husband is crap:

Nothere was no injury. We just didn't think James had his best game last week and with Phillips liking to cut infield, Ivo was the best option. I thought he was outstanding.'

Husband, a right back who isn't a great defender was better than you.

We were poor on set pieces last season and it seems to be the same this so what are the coaching team doing?

Seen this on the facebook page: 4 WBA players unmarked from a corner - two of our players marking their number 5, Marshall, Pinto, Tettey and Srbeny standing doing nothing. Rhides and Pukki on the posts (our two strikers on the posts!!! so if we break we have no forwards).

38882914_10156655391733383_270067560752349184_n.jpg

Here is a good post from the Pink Un forum by a fan who has his eyes open at games , isn’t blinded by green and yellow blood in his eyes and isn’t conned by the fact that we scored 3 . It was total shite yesterday and DF needs to change his crap 4-1-4-1 formation go elsewhere

I thought the second half was terrible definitely, but I honestly enjoyed the first half and there was a spell we were really good and seemed solid and in control. I agree in what that poster said in regards to no urgency and a few players seeming to not care which is concerning. However I don't agree with DF should have been sacked last year. The whole path we went down would have been down the pan and it would have been a waste of 12 months. This whole team has been built around DFs philosophy, we'd be looking at another 2+ years of transition if we start over under someone else.

It should be an option of course but not until its absolutely certain we are not making progress. So far I have seen enough evidence that we are to keep on believing (brum away and the first 45 of yesterday). At Brum, DF made early subs that had a significant impact for the better and the players never gave up and scored twice to earn something (something the squad never did last year) and yesterday even though we lost, we saw so much more attacking attempts and to be fair we were clinical enough to score 3 of chances, also something we'd need 3-4 games to do last year. Much more of the second 45 minutes however and I'm right behind the DF Out camp. But lets see how the next few games pan out.

I saw that picture also Bears. Shocking man marking. Why is it the only 2 players that are in correct defensive positions are the strikers? As you say no one to get forward with if we do break. Also was concerned that our set pieces have seemingly ended with the other team breaking against us as well. Simple stuff from a coaching point of view isn't it? The basics I'd have thought, mark your man and know where you're team mates are.

Let me put it in a nutshell shall I ?
It dousnt need a crystal ball to see how things will pan out in the coming weeks
This is not what we want to see this is certainly not promotion material and DF has got to change his philosophy very soon or go