Team vs Villa | Page 3 | Vital Football

Team vs Villa

Shows what he can do when hes on his game . Shame he isn't so consistent but I suppose if he was he wouldn't be playing for us.

We got it right today and got the breaks
Which we’ve so nearly done on several times this season
Get a decent striker in and the future is rosy
Keep The Faith

Was a great game , and for the first time in months I left CR feeling happy . It’s gonna take 100% effort 100% of the time to be successful, not 40% , and today showed what we need to do

Villa were Not that bad. We played more direct football without being boring.

Of course old habits are hard to break and there was too much tedious passing in our own half to no avail. However, in general we did not attempt to dominate possession and made our attacks at pace down the wings.

We were Good.

Farke was honest and a bit harsh after QPR. If it continues to produce results like this then wield the big stick more often, I would say.

That said, we shouldn't have to rly on our midfielders for the bulk of our goals. As you say DG we need a prolific striker.

I watched at home today and felt encouraged with what I saw. Young Mr S , 27 tomorrow, was not impressed but he is Birmingham born and bred. :grin:

Obviously just typical as I decided to watch at home, son home from Uni so he went instead however.

Mr Farke got it all right at last including the substitutions, I would give MOM to Hanley not Murphy, indeed a superb goal though.

Probably all too late now for this season, next season we must get that striker in no matter what.
On the bright side were now 2 points above that lot down the road...It means a lot.

Really looked like the shackles were off yesterday
Pressure off so they played with freedom
Especially Murphy
So I think all in all bodes well for the future

The cynical might say they played so well as they were in the shop window with the game being shown live on TV !

Just a thought like !!

I thought Vrancic was very good. I thought maybe SKY cameras might have increased the performance.

The SKY guys said that Murphy might have some suitors now and so will Gunn - Maddison - Hanley and even Klose will have got people interested.

Could lose most of the side if that is the case.

Also how do we pronounce Srbeny? RN say it like I do (sirbeny) - SKY commentators say (sir reny) and Stelling on Soccer Saturday said it in a very strange way like S-renny

The future is bleak.
Best players are Gunn ( on loan ) Hanley, Klose. Lewis ( may be sold ), Maddison will be sold ),
Reed ( on loan ).

Cockeyed optimist that I am, it is still mathematically possible to reach the playoffs.

I admire optimism and I wish I could see things the same way , but I see a club in NC that has ancient owners with no drive , hunger , passion or determination to propel us into the Premier League and to stay there . In fact Smith reiterated her determination to keep us a lower Championship club by staying to the guardian only the other day that if we went up we would still have no money . How bloody negative is that ? I see no hunger , drive , determination and passion in anything the woman or her husband says .

I see a club that just 4 to 5 years ago was an established Premier League with good players and an excellent manager , now I see a club that that is likely to finish in the lower half of the Championship , all driven from the totally unambitious owners and Board. I see a team of average players , many who have come from the lower German league . I see a club that will sell its best players in the summer and will NOT replace them with equal or better quality players . I am a realist and the only direction I have seen us going is from 11th in the Premier League to 12th in the Championship .We are now only a shadow of what we were not so very long ago