Team vs Sunderland | Vital Football

Team vs Sunderland

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
DF praised Josh on his hard work and his ability to score goals like that. Just needs to improve on his defending and be more consistent.

DF says the season on a whole hasn't been great saying 'the table doesn't lie' and 'if we could have won 2 or 3 more games we would have been fighting for the playoffs'.

DF says 'when you work for a club of this size you have to think big. We know what is expected but right now we have to be realistic and accept this. The club has changed the structure, the philosophy. That was a brave move but it is not going to happen in the short term. It's important for me to be realistic. It's been a difficult season following the need for big change, and to build something for the long-term here. Yes perhaps we can talk about the inconsistency for this season for all the reasons we all know about. But at least we have never been in danger. Let's look at things calmly we have had a solid season. Yes, it could be better but I don't think we are that far away. It has been the season of change. Just Look at Sunderland for what can happen. We've had bad really luck with injuries right from pre-season, and for a season of big change it's not been too bad. But we always want the best results we can get.'

Next season he will need to improve and will not be able to use the 'transition/change' term anymore.

He was asked about more movement in the summer and losing his best players DF said ''I live in the moment. That is all you can do in my business. We have a brilliant group and some brilliant young lads, and we want to build on this. We want to find some more players in the summer too though. Kenny McLean will be a quality signing for us next season. But, yes, we will lose 1/2 good players as well.''

So along with the Martins, Naimsiths etc we will lose 2 good players, is he talking about full time players - Maddison and Tetts.

DF is going on about respecting the other side again - 'We are greedy for another good performance and result tomorrow but we have to be respectful of Sunderland, as they are in a difficult situation. We have to be very disciplined. Sunderland were good in their last game against Leeds, so we know they will be fighting for their lives. We have to be calm and cool against them. Sunderland has some really quality players but they've also had a big change too, and sometimes teams can get in trouble after a difficult season and big change like this.'

Team news:

Trybull, Stiepermann and Hernandez all out and not going to travel - Stiepermann was fit but seems he isn't ready still. Maybe fit for the weekend.

Leitner still not ready to start but fine for the bench.

Tettey, Harrison Reed and Pinto all have issues and will be a late call - If they are all out we are fucked as no replacements.

DF said 'It's so tempting to have the same starting line-up because we played really well, but it's also important to rotate to avoid injuries and rest players.'

Watkins has been very unwell and has lost a lot of weight so will not be back. only back in training today but light. He will be fine for the bench against Cardiff.

So if those three are fit then go same again but I have a feeling that Tettey might be rested and maybe Lewis

Gunn

Pinto
Hanley
Klose
Husband

Vrancic
Reed

Murphy
Maddison
Wes

Srbeny

subs:

McGovern - Lewis - Leitner - Edwards - Oli - Tettey - Zimmermann

I would be tempted to throw in Edwards

Gunn

Pinto
Zimmermann
Klose
Hanley
Lewis

Vrancic
Reed
Maddison

Edwards
Srbeny

5-3-1-1or 5-3-2

Yes ...YB is back with a vengeance . What a load of old shite nearly losing to second from bottom Blunderland . They have nearly done the double over us . Not good enough