Team vs Stoke | Page 2 | Vital Football

Team vs Stoke

All us but no penetration and then we go a goal down. Since they scored we have rushed around and trying to be too quick on the pass. we have stopped going down the left with Lewis and are now going down the middle which is strange. Pukki is struggling on his own up top.

Stoke have been poor and we need to get back into this. I can see Stoke just sitting back for first 15 minutes then frustrate us and try to counter.

I think we might need a Rhodes on with Pukki

I can see Srbeny out in January.
I can too especially if Morris gets fit and shows something. Srbeny never looks confident or really in the mood for it. I think a loan in January should be on the cards but if the club is looking to loan Morris and Srbeny we will need a 3rd forward unless DF thinks he can go with two forwards again.

Poor result - no real plan b. Stoke did what we do to other clubs.

Got crap international break now.

How we lost that today I will never know!

That was some of the best football I have ever seen a Norwich team play.

Pukki looked tired and we couldnt put a killer pass into the box until Hernandez came on . Jury still out on Rhodes for me

How many times did we actually test the Stoke goal? My worry is that if like today, a team scores first we will struggle to win.

We seldom get 2 and today did not look like scoring 1.
We played well but either poor crossing or nobody in the middle.

Our Supporters in the ground can't all be wrong and I get the idea of cheering on the team when they have played well but some of the comments I have seen on other sites are (for me) a little over the top. Yes we played quit well but again the finished product is elusive. Not sure about Rhodes but it was obvious after Wednesday that today was one game too far for Pukki following his hard played games which included 2 for Finland. (Rhodes should have started). Also I understand and enjoy the patterns we have been coached but they should be encouraged to deviate from the plan when a clear alternative situation arises. There were several opportunities today to go direct when we kept to instructions and chose the second best option. Critisisms aside, I have hope for the future and even in the River End we were 100% behind the team today. OTBC

I thought we played really well yesterday - if you compare that to the Preston game then we have come a very long way in a short period of time. Very unlucky not to get at least a point!
Not unhappy - we’ve had a brilliant month and a bit. Chance to rest up now for some, and get ready for what is a tough fixture list after the international break

I still think playoffs might be a tad too far this season, but we’re definitely a better team than we were last year. Everything is moving in the right direction in my opinion (especially the youngsters playing well - how good are Aarons and Lewis btw!)

I agree Olly, we will have to be at our very best when when we face NF next. Their win at Boro yesterday shows calibre. I hope we make the play offs but if we carry on getting better and don't go up, I will still be hopeful for next season.

Let’s all hope that yesterday was just a blip and we don’t see a repeat of what happened last season after September was over . Only time will now tell as now Villa and Brentford must be won if we are seen to be progressing

Farke needs to find a way to incorporate Rhodes more into the team before he loses his confidence again. We need both Strikers to be firing on all cylinders if we are to do anything this season. Rhodes should’ve started yesterday, we can’t depend on PUkki for the whole of this season.