Team vs Stoke | Page 3 | Vital Football

Team vs Stoke

Exactly NY ..... we will only go up if we score the goals , and dispite our very best effort on Saturday we simply couldn’t even score one . It is all very well warmly applauding defeat , but the facts are we have lost in our own back yard to the 3 teams who will be there battling it out to get into the Prem next season . Losing 50% of our home games equates to another poor season unless we start scoring the goals .

I admire the tremendous effort made by the players on Saturday , but the truth is simply that the effort produced yet another home defeat

My biggest fear is that they are all giving 100% of their best ability and yet this still may not be enough to be there or thereabouts. It must be imperative to speculate to accumulate in the January sales.

Once Hernandez is 100% we will be better too but I think we saw yesterday a few players who were just dead on their feet and maybe another little blip on DF not seeing this. I appreciate that he has stuck with the players who have done well but he should have seen that Stiepermann - Pukki - Tettey - Leitner all looked to be shattered by 50 minutes. Cantwell was brilliant running about and closing down but he was also tiring.

Once we have Marshall - Hernandez - Pinto - Hanley et al back to health it will be great as we will have the depth and be able to swap it about.

Just a shame that Derby and Stoke games we were far better and dominated yet came away with 1 point.

Forest isn't easy but if our players are fresh and ready we will beat them. As YB says I do worry that a loss to them and the rot will start to set it like last season.