Team vs spuds | Page 5 | Vital Football

Team vs spuds

I walked out after fifth goal.
Not many others did.

Gutless performance. Looks like many stayed to watch the lap of dishonour.

1) "Premier League, ...... on each occasion we have not been good enough to stay in it"

I wonder why that is? - not been good enough is an understatement. Same result under different managers, with different players, (except Pukki who now has been well and truly proven over 3 seasons that he cant score at Prem level, not without stuttering and without lining himself up, and, he is not a sharp shooter, but we cant feed him anyway), all brought in under the same financial regime from lower leagues across the world. Seems to me that unless you can find the gems, like Maddison, across the ENTIRE playing team, we wont ever be good enough. We've had and have got gems, Aarons for one currently, but whats happened to him - where's Aarons devastating runs disappeared to.
We've always said that Prem teams have worked us out early - we know plan A and we know Plans B and C dont exist. Therefore, if the teachings that new potential managers study, and they are indoctrinated by the academies in historic proven methodologies that are now out of date, and players learn them too, so it becomes a known chessboard routine and sequence, and in these days they have all been studied to the nth degree and corresponding solutions developed to easily cope with them. Norwich's Prem excursions fit this scenario. Man City doesnt. Liverpool definitely dont. Tottenham didnt yesterday. Granted these three have better players but dynamic game awareness and critically fast decision making and passing seem natural to them. They have something to play for, its a privilege to play for the top teams as there are so many vying to be them. Keeps them on their toes. Its a privilege to play for any league side if you're up and coming, same situation, just a bit light on the skills. Its a privilege to play for City but now it seems its been just a job, who cares, wont get anywhere near Europe anyhow. Add in the losers mentality, the constant annihalation of the defence and the large goal shipping count we accumulate, it is obvious that there is something blatently and consistently wrong across the board and with the Board in accepting this continual embarrassment of failure

2) "Myself and Shakey (Craig Shakespeare) have found ways to get out of the Championship and we will be prepared to do it again. There will be enough motivation."

DS and Shakey will have enough motivation I'm sure. We've already had different managers that have found the way and taken us up, only to cop continual hidings and immediate relegation. Hopefully DS and CS can find another route. But what about the players motivation. They cant be feeling good at the moment if they care for the club that pays them. Some will almost certainly want to jump ship. The loanees are all going back to better things as per usual. Norwich is becoming a graveyard for players whilst digging its own grave of serious gravity and will that now have the potential of making City unattractive to any quality players?

3) "But for me, where we are lacking is when we lose the ball we don’t have the athleticism at the moment to win it back quick enough. That is something we will change this summer.' "

So our team is unfit. Yep pre-season is all about fitness, but there is skill and game awareness and tactics. DS and CS took up AV but they were let go presumalby becuase they couldnt give the AV Board the league position they desired early on and . AV had money and brought in Gerrard and saved their season, similarly Newcastle, both signing additonal players in January. Not us, and now we're going with the same squad next season, less those who bale. This can only be construed that the current squad is Champ level or lower. Maybe some will be brought in if we sell any for decent returns, but wouldnt be expecting any known quality and experience at Champ level. Loanees?? Mmmm they dont seem to work and usually end up coming back and bite us.

What a shakey expectation we have for next season already.

When you have an owner whose best encouragement to those below her is ‘well you win some , you lose some ‘ then that permeates throughout the whole club with the ’ couldn’t care less , it doesn’t matter’ attitude that is rife and has brought our club down . Until Smiff and Wyn Jones get out of our club then nothing will ever change

Last edited:
1) "Premier League, ...... on each occasion we have not been good enough to stay in it"

I wonder why that is? - not been good enough is an understatement. Same result under different managers, with different players, (except Pukki who now has been well and truly proven over 3 seasons that he cant score at Prem level, not without stuttering and without lining himself up, and, he is not a sharp shooter, but we cant feed him anyway), all brought in under the same financial regime from lower leagues across the world. Seems to me that unless you can find the gems, like Maddison, across the ENTIRE playing team, we wont ever be good enough. We've had and have got gems, Aarons for one currently, but whats happened to him - where's Aarons devastating runs disappeared to.
We've always said that Prem teams have worked us out early - we know plan A and we know Plans B and C dont exist. Therefore, if the teachings that new potential managers study, and they are indoctrinated by the academies in historic proven methodologies that are now out of date, and players learn them too, so it becomes a known chessboard routine and sequence, and in these days they have all been studied to the nth degree and corresponding solutions developed to easily cope with them. Norwich's Prem excursions fit this scenario. Man City doesnt. Liverpool definitely dont. Tottenham didnt yesterday. Granted these three have better players but dynamic game awareness and critically fast decision making and passing seem natural to them. They have something to play for, its a privilege to play for the top teams as there are so many vying to be them. Keeps them on their toes. Its a privilege to play for any league side if you're up and coming, same situation, just a bit light on the skills. Its a privilege to play for City but now it seems its been just a job, who cares, wont get anywhere near Europe anyhow. Add in the losers mentality, the constant annihalation of the defence and the large goal shipping count we accumulate, it is obvious that there is something blatently and consistently wrong across the board and with the Board in accepting this continual embarrassment of failure

2) "Myself and Shakey (Craig Shakespeare) have found ways to get out of the Championship and we will be prepared to do it again. There will be enough motivation."

DS and Shakey will have enough motivation I'm sure. We've already had different managers that have found the way and taken us up, only to cop continual hidings and immediate relegation. Hopefully DS and CS can find another route. But what about the players motivation. They cant be feeling good at the moment if they care for the club that pays them. Some will almost certainly want to jump ship. The loanees are all going back to better things as per usual. Norwich is becoming a graveyard for players whilst digging its own grave of serious gravity and will that now have the potential of making City unattractive to any quality players?

3) "But for me, where we are lacking is when we lose the ball we don’t have the athleticism at the moment to win it back quick enough. That is something we will change this summer.' "

So our team is unfit. Yep pre-season is all about fitness, but there is skill and game awareness and tactics. DS and CS took up AV but they were let go presumalby becuase they couldnt give the AV Board the league position they desired early on and . AV had money and brought in Gerrard and saved their season, similarly Newcastle, both signing additonal players in January. Not us, and now we're going with the same squad next season, less those who bale. This can only be construed that the current squad is Champ level or lower. Maybe some will be brought in if we sell any for decent returns, but wouldnt be expecting any known quality and experience at Champ level. Loanees?? Mmmm they dont seem to work and usually end up coming back and bite us.

What a shakey expectation we have for next season already.
Excellent posts Steve, well done

Reactions: Rex
Happy clappers who accept 5-0 home defeats and humiliating relegations just help keep those in power who have failed our club so miserably
Some of 'our fans' stayed behind to take photos of Son getting his golden boot award and tried to get his signature - is it just me or is that not right? I would never stay behind after getting a smacking to clap and cheer another team player especially one who just scored two goals against us and doesn't care about the club.

Nor would I Bears.
I would not have done that as a youngster either.
My father taught me how to be what I consider a proper fan.