Team vs Spuds | Page 14 | Vital Football

Team vs Spuds

Well. Victor Meldrew.

Eldest son phoned me. He was 11/2 minutes ahead of me (he on Red Button me on player). Fortunately, he didn't do a Rex on Steve (sorry Steve) and we watched the last pen while Corin kept quiet.

A
Maz
Ing.

I though idah stepping up and putting his pen awaybshows his class. He looked good when he came on. Hopefully he'll get more time next season. I think I'd prefer him on the left/right wing over Rupp but I can't see DF doing that.

Cantwell pen was well taken too

I though idah stepping up and putting his pen awaybshows his class. He looked good when he came on. Hopefully he'll get more time next season. I think I'd prefer him on the left/right wing over Rupp but I can't see DF doing that.

Cantwell pen was well taken too

ABR Anyone Bar Rupp

I watched on iPlayer, which failed several times during first half but performed well second half plus extra time. I am not renowned for my ability to watch penalties. My daughter texted me to ask me if I was “going down the garden”. Obviously not in this weather so I retreated to the bathroom. I am such a girl....I wish I was braver and had watched the penalties live. I have never got over seeing Ray Graydon scorning a penalty against us in League Cup Final at Wembley back in 1975 and I cried all the way home.

Well. Victor Meldrew.

Eldest son phoned me. He was 11/2 minutes ahead of me (he on Red Button me on player). Fortunately, he didn't do a Rex on Steve (sorry Steve) and we watched the last pen while Corin kept quiet.

A
Maz
Ing.

I minimised the Vital screen during the second half until full time and then each half of extra time and defo for the pens - wanted to feel the nervousness as it happened even though it was behind by a few seconds

Reactions: Rex
Glad you had a great night Tucks and have some fantastic memories !

Ive only attended one game that’s had a penalty shoot out and that was a League Cup First Round match away at Rochdale in August 2007 . There wasnt 9000 there but I was . We won that one as well ..... fabulous memories !

Last edited:
Was a great night out and decent win, sours were awful and we got handed a goal. We let in our obligatory set piece which i could was about to happen vertogen went back post to be marked by the non jumping mario and sure enough an easy header ensued. We had most of the 2nd half bar last ten mins of the half. The lads dug in and played well after half time, mom krul even before the pens, and the back 4 were superb, Hanley has really come on a lot since his return, nice suprise when we needed it! Roll on tonights game!

That is crazy.
The most important game of the season so far and not sold out whilst the
plastic brigade flood to spuds.

I was going to Sheffield as its not too long a train journey on a slow
rattler which I have done twice before and the pubs are great but
I was really at a low point when tickets came on sale.

Great article Tuckster.

Not sure what DA is trying to say but we have never been able to compete with the buy success clubs and probably never will so any win against them is a good achievement. I really hope we beat man ure in the quarter final as their plastic supporters are more than annoying and cannot bear the thought of 3 defeats
to them within a few months.

Tuckster. A bit of a coincidence as I stopped listening to ‘ talk premier crap ‘ a couple of years ago due to these pathetic manufactured arguments and non stop love ins with buy success premier league clubs.
However I also tuned in on Wednesday night after the game as we seldom have a chance of praise from the national media but should have known better.
Goldstein and Cundy are tedious and both have big club mentality and after 3 spuds supporters rants
I switched off to look for more local coverage as I realised why I usually listen to selected pod casts on more important subjects whilst working late evenings.