team vs sheffield utd | Vital Football

team vs sheffield utd

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
Just a quick one. It seems there is a sickness bug in the Sheffield United camp and a few players have fallen ill and are unlikely to play --- we might get a draw guys....excellent!!

Still, Wilder will want revenge for last season.

So McLean is out until the end of September with ligament damage says he will not be near a pitch for at least 3 weeks.

Pinto is out of Saturday's game.

Cantwell has also picked up and will not make Saturday.

Stiepermann has an injury but will be involved on the weekend but not near 100%.

DF says he is struggling to play Lewis - he is a strong lad but needs the right game to be played in. The cup game was too much to give him time. He will travel but might not feature.

Buendia has returned to UK did a session today but is nowhere near playing.....is it only us who buy players who aren't ready to play football? Other clubs have signed players from Spain and they are playing football?

Players seem to come here and just pick up injuries.

Trybull has recovered from his calf issue.

So:

Out:

Pinto
Cantwell
Jarvis
Martin
McLean
Buendia
Vrancic
Morris

50/50:

Stiepermann (not 100%)
Lewis (not 100%)

Fit:

Trybull

One to make us all laugh - DF said that a big strength of his team is the versatility and adaptability of the formations and clubs will always be kept guessing as to what formation we go with --- really!!

He seems to think that he has a few formations he might go with on Saturday but more defensive is in mind.

Say we have had no luck in the cup draw playing Cardiff but happy to see Murphy again.

Says that he hopes the game is a Tuesday but if not then the side he puts out might be a lot of changes.

DF says that he is finding it very difficult to prepare for the game on the weekend as Sheffield Utd a good side? what?

DF says the most important thing tomorrow is being good defensively ---- hmmm I would have thought winning would be more important but what do I know? He says that if we win tomorrow it might spark something in the team but even if we win momentum can still be lost quickly. He said this game will be the biggest test of new team and will be the platform to build on.

DF said he is not going to talk about Martin and Oli moves - nothing new.

What was good to hear is that he isn't looking to loan out Cantwell or Aarons as they are now ready to play for Norwich and needed.

'They are both ready they are here now. If they weren't they wouldn't have played midweek.'

Farke , who by the sounds of it is gradually losing the plot, will keep to his boring 4-1-4-1 and go for the draw .

I like the look of your team Bears apart from playing Thompson, Trybull and Tettey, maybe a little too defensive?
I’d probably substitute one of them for Leitner’s add some creativity. I happen to think that Farke will go 4-2-3-1 and probably play Tettey and Trybull as the two holding. They were excellent together at Bramall Lane last season and I think he’ll play them and that formation again away from home, like he did against Brum on opening day.

Birmingham get a point tonight and will go above us.
Report on swansea ! Sound familiar ?

The Welsh side are playing it around a bit in their own half but it's causing more problems for them than the hosts.

Yes I am really happy we have scored 8 goals in 3 games !!
1 point from 2 games and narrow victory over league 2 side.:eek!:

I'm not feeling positive at all for today, gotta be honest. I think their petty thing over us turning up late last season will really egg them on today, players and fans alike - I can't believe we have so many injuries yet again. What the hell do we train on? A pitch of nails and kick around bowling balls? If we could just simply play our strongest 11 we'd be half way there...

Ipswich game for those who can't attend - it's £10 to watch it through iFollow the club have announced.

I love going to Bramall Lane but with the non ambitious Smiths silently running their toy I just haven’t had the heart to go. For many years I never missed an away game at the Blades

A great day out, Good city, excellent pubs and traditional ground.
Its a step too far for me too with the lack of ambition and manager obsessed with same failing tactics.