Team vs Rotherham | Page 6 | Vital Football

Team vs Rotherham

YB I know those trains well. The train that takes me from home to Hull goes through to Sheffield and they are two coaches and aren't very comfortable

Northern Rail is shocking . It was one of those bus bodied carriage bolted to a cattle truck chassis....... still it was all great fun and a great ending to a fabulous day

It is crazy that we are doing so well yet - Hanley, Klose, Vrancic, Leitner, Tettey and Rhodes aren't in the side - all of those players except maybe Vrancic were probably thought to be in the 11 every match. I mean Hanley is the 4th choice now!

Magnificent win and day out - was never going to be a day for beautiful passing football, the wind was horrible and Rotherham much like Millwall a few weeks ago just like to lump it from everywhere! Pitch also seemed bobbly

But, we dug in well on the whole defensively and took actually the least easy of our chances...how Pukki didn’t score today I’ll never know

Again - playing meh and winning is what they is “a sign of champions”

5 points clear of 3rd place gives us some breathing room - you’d think 5 wins from the final 8 games would do it, especially as both Sheff Utd and Leeds have tough away matches coming against Preston and Birmingham.

Lets pray nobody gets injured on international duty!

Glad I went today ! Despite getting a soaking and not feeling too well it was all worth it . A nervy win and it was agony getting through the last 10 minutes !

Amazing scenes at the end as the players and Farke came over to us !

Funniest part of the day was at Rotherham station as hundreds of us waited for the train back to Sheffield . As the Northern Rail train pulled in consisting of two carriages we were all chanting ‘your trains too small for us , your trains too small for us ‘. Ha ha ... I just love the humour of our fans on these fabulous away days !

We are back in our in our hotel in Sheffield now and travel back to Norwich tomorrow ! OTBC !

I had no idea you and Northern were there today. Communication seems to have broken down......shame. We are also in Sheffield overnight. Fabulous win today!

Just tells you how little I know when two of the players I said to rest today both score. When you look at the players on our bench who can't get into the team, it's no wonder we are where we are. I do reckon if we could hang on to this squad for the premiership, the togetherness could keep them out of the bottom three.

There are some amazing scenes of us fans at Rotherham on the Pink Un site on the article about the fans reaction to yesterday’s win . Was great to see Farke come over to us and put his fist on his heart as we all must have meant so much to him . Like CK says , I agree that this group of players , Farke , and the fans , who are very much together with their passion for NC will keep us in the Prem IF we get there

Rivvo was co commentator on RN yesterday.
Having watched Michael Bailey's post match blog and mentioning how Rotherham supporters were appealing for everything based on what football was like over 10 years ago, it reminded of what Rivvo said during game and I posted on this thread at the time.
' Does not look like there is a branch of spec savers in Rotherham ' Hilarious from Rivvo. :grinning::clap:

Rivvo was co commentator on RN yesterday.
Having watched Michael Bailey's post match blog and mentioning how Rotherham supporters were appealing for everything based on what football was like over 10 years ago, it reminded of what Rivvo said during game and I posted on this thread at the time.
' Does not look like there is a branch of spec savers in Rotherham ' Hilarious from Rivvo. :grinning::clap:

He’s easily the best co commentator they have on their imo much better than Greg Downes who must be the most negative person in norfolk

We were to the left of the goal about 10 rows from the back . With 2600 there and plenty of hats on and hoods up it would have been difficult to spot anyone .

But I was involved in all the chanting at Rotherham station as the 17:21 with 2 coaches drew in and we couldn’t get on it ! Thanks a bunch Northern Rail !

Last edited:
We were to the left of the goal about 10 rows from the back . With 2600 there and plenty of hats on a hoods up it would have been difficult to spot anyone .

But I was involved in all the chanting at Rotherham station as the 17:21 with 2 coaches drew in and we couldn’t get on it ! Thanks a bunch Nirthern Rail !

You were on the other side. We were very close to pitch but it was a great perspective. Good view of warm up and Godfrey's goals. Tried to upload a picture ot two but files too large apparently.