Team vs Rotherham | Page 10 | Vital Football

Team vs Rotherham

It was nice to see Todd taking up some defensive responsibilities; he is developing into a complete player.

His finishing needs more work but, as that is arguably one of the more difficult skills, I am sure he will grow into it.

I am not going to get into an argument about KM except to say that he made a few pivotal tackles as well as the odd incisive cross. I am sure everyone noticed the fumbles and loss of the ball.

I hope the club is talking with spurs about a potential loan next season for Skipp if they are not up for selling. He is so good and does the job of two midfielders as McLean is next to him
We could never afford to buy him. I honestly think he will be a spurs 1st teamer next season

Most of Teemu's shots on goal seem to go on the ground. I suspect goalkeepers are aware of this and know that they need to keep down, which makes it easier to save the shots.

He seems to be missing out on most of the available target.

OS is going to be extremely difficult to replace and I believe his position is where the most money should be spent.
Agreed 100% - last season that was one of the reasons that we were so bad because we were overrun in most games. McLean and Tettey weren't good enough - Trybull and McLean - Vrancic and McLean also not good enough. The fact that Tettey played so many games in the prem, more than in the championship the season before was a worry.

Most of Teemu's shots on goal seem to go on the ground. I suspect goalkeepers are aware of this and know that they need to keep down, which makes it easier to save the shots.

I had noticed that too. Never blasts it into the top corner or even middle of the net. His goal on saturday just just got under the GK. I see a P'uN article saying that Pukki is back to his best and so dangerous. I don't agree.

Exactly what I was saying to a regular client this morning.
The chance he did take was via keepers arm but he missed 2 other very good chances. The coventry game he passed as did not have confidence to shoot.

A goal a game is great but we really need to get a second to stop this worrying last 20 minutes in every game.

I reckon we gonna need a whole new team if we go up . Honestly I reckon only Krul and EMI are really up to Prem standard

If Aarons stayed (Smiff would need to take off the for sale sign first ) that would make 3. Cantell could be the fourth.

DF would buy Gibbo but as well as he and Hanley have done this season so far they would struggle against premier league strikers.

I love pukki, we all do, his movement is class. But he is slow, and his finishing overall has become very poor since middle of last season. I said his goal on saturday was lucky, as it wasnt placed, went at the gk but luckily went under the gk

Thought it was a good win on Saturday, and obviously a great day for us with others dropping points around us. Plenty of twists and turns to come yet I think, but good to have a cushion again...
5 clean sheets in last 7 games is also superb...if the finishing gets hot, we're going to run away with it, but even if it doesn't we have such a more solid base now.

Impressed with the new greek left back again, he seems defensively pretty good and has pace going forward.

I see some discussion on Skipp above, he won't be here next year, he's good enough for Spurs's 1st team and they almost recalled him in January. I would personally have confidence in Sorenson stepping into that role next season whatever division we are in.

I love pukki, we all do, his movement is class. But he is slow, and his finishing overall has become very poor since middle of last season. I said his goal on saturday was lucky, as it wasnt placed, went at the gk but luckily went under the gk
His stats look good but would be so much better should he start making better 50/50 decisions.