Team vs PNE | Page 8 | Vital Football

Team vs PNE

Terrible night but still in auto places and we have to go again on Saturday but they will have scoured this and seen that if you close us down and put defenders under pressure we do crumble.

Tettey and trybull just didn't work both too defensive. Stiepermann had a dreadful one. Too many poor performances. Aarons, pukki and buendia played well. McLean added some spark but sorry Rhodes added sweet f all

Just do painful to work so hard to get top and 5 points clear to just let it go. Still win on Saturday is all we can and have to do.

Hopefully Klose and leitner will be fit to play

One of those nights tonight - very poor first half and played better second half but Rudd saved everything! Another day we potentially win that.

Important to forget and move onto Saturday and get back on track then.

Still in the top two, which is what recent good work has built - a cushion for us if we had an off night like tonight.

Desperately need Leitner back though with Vrancic out

Bolton won't be easy but if we are thinking we are good enough to go up we have to beat teams like bolton

One of those nights tonight - very poor first half and played better second half but Rudd saved everything! Another day we potentially win that.

Important to forget and move onto Saturday and get back on track then.

Still in the top two, which is what recent good work has built - a cushion for us if we had an off night like tonight.

Desperately need Leitner back though with Vrancic out
Agreed. Was I the only one who thought we'd miss the penalty? Just felt like it was not going to happen. I must say an injury to pukki at any stage and we would struggle.

Passlack coming on was a little strange

What's with the experimenting. Godfrey right back, Aarons left wing. Passlack showing why he doesn't play. Tettey is finished. Krul may as well take the next penalty. No accurate passing and can't keep it in play. Rudd and team mates have played well though uh

it’s a game that no-one gave a thought to and we have now paid the consequences . Every single game is important , and not just the local derby . And as for those who say we have played all our hard games and have an easy run in , may like to think again . Easy games in this League do not exist .

What's with the experimenting. Godfrey right back, Aarons left wing. Passlack showing why he doesn't play. Tettey is finished. Krul may as well take the next penalty. No accurate passing and can't keep it in play. Rudd and team mates have played well though uh
I agree about Tettey he looked like the Tettey that played under AN at times - slow, passing backwards all the time and slowing the game down. It should have been Trybull and McLean. I have no idea why Passlack came on and for like 4 minutes? Rhodes didn't add anything and when he came on Pukki drifted to the right wing which never helps. Aarons on the left wing was odd - I could see what he was trying to do get Buendia in the number 10 role but surely playing our best right back in the left wing? Shows that we are thin on the ground in positions. Also we then put on Rhodes for Trybull so we lost all shape so why move Aarons there?

I am not a manager but with the situation at HT and if having to go with the same formation DF was going with I would have gone:

Hanley on for Tettey
Stiepermann off for McLean

1550156872323.png

Gone 3-4-1-1 or even 4-2-3-1 with Aarons back at RB and McLean behind Pukki.

It just all got a bit confused when Rhodes came on and then when Passlack came on it was like 'right we have lost this lets give him some time'

Last edited: