Team Vs Man City | Page 7 | Vital Football

Team Vs Man City

How come no-one has yet come in with big money offers for Cantwell and Arrons ? (especially as Smiff did her best to try and sell Arrons last season)
I wonder if it is because they are not as wonderful Prem players as we like to think they are ?
Theyre not actually that good, TC i said this about last prem season, and max needs to learn to have end product.

Theyre not actually that good, TC i said this about last prem season, and max needs to learn to have end product.
Not really very bright. The Vile come up with a £30m offer for Cantwell (5 more than his worth) and we greedily say we want 40. Even they won't pay £15m more than his value.

I’m not going to be too hasty to make a judgment about this team. We have just played and lost against the two best teams in the premier league. Our pre season was disrupted and our new players have had little time to gel with the squad.
Bournemouth away may still be too early to get a result so I will refrain from judging for a while longer.
Of course there are issues with DF’s tactics although it has been suggested that testing building from the back against two of the best pressers in the business will be to our advantage when challenged by less skilled players.
I have some issues with that theory not the least conceding five goals is a pretty expensive lesson. The other point is that while you are spending the majority of the game in your own half, you are not testing your attack against the best and we know we have issues in that department.
If we are continuing to lose against moderate opposition after six to ten games then I will side with the majority and prepare for Championship football next season.
I may even send DF a yo-yo.

Bournemouth away may not be too early to get a result as we are playing them at home so need to await fa cup draw to see if we get them away :grinning::grinning:

I see soton got a draw at home to Utd today, these sides we are so called playing againstvfir relegation can grind out results against top sides now and again, unless we can do that we wont be staying up.

We played like a set of wimps . I don’t remember good old Holty being scared of Liverpool when he headed in at Anfield , or Gossy showing Liverpool any respect when he smashed one in in front of the Kop. I don’t remember Ruddy having any respect for Chelsea when he punched Drogbas lights out . I don’t remember Mike Walker and the boys having any respect for Bayern Munich when we wacked them . Now we have our team , manager and most sadly of all fans who think it’s OK to lose to these teams because they deem them to be the best . I can take a defeat although it hurts me , but what I can’t take is not even trying. Unacceptable

Last edited:
Terrible signal combined with random advert launching keeps preventing my response