Team Vs Man City | Vital Football

Team Vs Man City

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
So it took one game and now Zimmermann is out The luck we have with defenders.

Omobamidele is back and will replace Zimmermann.

Placheta is still out, Hernandez is fit again so can be involved, Byram is finally able to kick a ball around and will next week get involved with the u23 squad with the plan he plays games for them to get fit.

DF did go back to us having to grind out results at this level. I'm not liking the sound of that.

DF very confident that we will get a Defensive midfielder, central defender and wing-back before the window closes.

DF said that we desperately need a left-back as we like to have cover in all areas. that wasn't the case a few seasons ago and last season we only had one left back. I wonder if McCullum is thinking 'hang, on'.

Something that does worry me is that DF knows that players were lacking in fitness and hadn't had a good pre season - yet he left the same 11 on the pitch until the 77th minute. Sometimes he does not read a game well. He says that we matched liverpool for 60 minutes but we tired and that lead them to their 2 goals....He was there he saw that so why at 60 minutes change it especially when liverpool did?

DF says it is going to be one of the most difficult tasks to get anything on saturday.

DF says he isn't addicted to any formation (hmmm Daniel you have played the 4-2-3-1 for about 3 seasons).

DF then says that his players aren't stupid and know that it will be really hard for them on saturday and says he doesn't tell his players 'We won't worry about them, we just concetrate on ourselves'. becuase the players know that they are a world class side and we need to just do our best

Line up:

Krul

Aarons
Hanley
Gibson
Gionnoulis

Sorensen
Lees-Melou
Gilmour

Tzolis
Sargent
Rashica

Subs

Gunn - Omobamidele - Mumba - McLean - Pukki - Idah - Cantwell - Rupp - Dowell

Go with the pace of Tzolis - Sargent - Rashica on the counter. Cantwell tends to take too much time on the ball. Sorensen should come in as the defensive midfielder role in place of Rupp.

Line up:

Krul

Aarons
Hanley
Gibson
Gionnoulis

Sorensen
Lees-Melou
Gilmour

Tzolis
Sargent
Rashica

Subs

Go with the pace of Tzolis - Sargent - Rashica on the counter. Cantwell tends to take too much time on the ball. Sorensen should come in as the defensive midfielder role in place of Rupp.
💯 agree bears, sorenson in for rupp(i still dont know what his role is) and sargeant defo in for pukki. Id be keen on tzolis but dont think df will throw him in against City.
And yes DF has always left subs way too late, everyone bar him saw we was knackered around the 60th min and he choose to hang on, really annoys me, theyve got all the data analysis too which im sure tells him.

Line up:

Krul

Aarons
Hanley
Gibson
Gionnoulis

Sorensen
Lees-Melou
Gilmour

Tzolis
Sargent
Rashica

Subs

That is the only sensible line up to go with Bears. Not likely though as Pukki, Cantwell and Mclean/Rupp will all be DF starters.

Last edited:
Team only just turned up. Maybe Smiffs thought we may as well not bother and agree a 3 0 defeat to help with GD .

Wtf is DF doing staying the same?! It didnt work at home last wk and will be worse away! Gilmour needs to play higher with sorenson nxt to him and if we do get one chance pukki wint take it, he needs 4/5 good chances to score which we will not get. Ffs DF bad lineup mate