Team vs Luton | Vital Football

Team vs Luton

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
Aarons is fit and as are all the others involved on Saturday.

emi is back

Krul back sooner than 3 weeks maybe back after Luton.

df thinks McLean and dowell should be back around Xmas.

Df says he isn’t going to fill the subs bench because that would be gifting youngsters a chance....that’s an odd thing to say.

with emi back df says there will be a spot on the bench for a first team player which is good.

On the medical team:

DF:

I totally trust our doctors and physios to make the right decisions, football is a contact sport so there will be injuries. As soon as someone sounds like they have a major injury to the head, I trust them to take the right decisions and not take unnecessary risks.

Rupp no news which I think means he is not going to start and DF didn't mention him when he said 'Emi is baack so we will have an extra person to play with'

On Hugill

He is to be available pretty soon, but we need to wait for an assessment in a few days.

On Xavi:

Xavi (Quintilla) is with the doctors at his mother club for assessment because they've spent years with him to know what is wrong with him.

No one nows what is the issue with Xavi - very strange

Good news on the injury front ..... we need Pukki back ASAP
DF was pleased with Stiepermann up front. Even though DF says (in not so many words) that he didn't do much

'I was very pleased [with Marco Stiepermann]. He played as a striker in Germany many many years ago, he was different to Teemu [Pukki] in that he couldn't run and couldn't penetrate behind the lines much. I know if I need him, he can play in that position again.'

So he couldn't run and couldn't cause their defence any problems......that is just the type of player we need upfront :-)

I think if the injury for Xavi isn't sorted asap the loan might be cancelled in January.

Both Mumba and Idah are out for at least ten weeks until they can return back.

Cantwell is a similar timeline to Krul, DF expects him back in two weeks,

I think Omotoye might get on tomorrow (maybe as a typical DF late sub). DF talking him up and saying he would have got on if he wasn't just back from a long injury and needed time with first team first.

DF says that he has to be very careful with his 18 year old lads as it could be too much pressure so McAlear getting a few minutes was good for him and he has been great in training.

DF says we will be looking to grind out results (like we tried on Saturday).

So expect us to be sitting back from the 60th minute and Zimmermann to be thrown on.

DF says that the young lads need to show that they are confident and ready to work hard and then they will get 5/10 minutes on the pitch

DF:

The injuries won't help us tomorrow or at least the next five to ten days, but there are encouraging signs. We need to grind out results for the next few weeks until our key players are back to attack the league again.

So I think tomorrow DF will go:

McGovern

Aarons
Hanley
Gibson
Sorensen

Tettey
Skipp

Martin
Vrancic
Emi

Stipermann

Subs

Barden - Placheta - Zimmermann - Omotoye - McAlear - Dickson-Petters - Omobamidele