Team vs Luton | Vital Football

Team vs Luton

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
We have 15 players away on international duty.

Emi is suspended, Hanley is getting fit but not training yet and Byram is still njured and it will be a long while until he is back training. Hernandez also not fit as he has an injury but might be able to play 20 minutes.

Xavi has an injury so will not be able to play.

Trybull, Leitner and Drmic not in contention.

so 22 players out of the game --- that is crazy.

On Gibson:

'My attitude is that I don't want to comment on any rumours, what I can say is that Ben Gibson is a top player and if he is on the market every club has to think about him. I have to be respectful, I wouldn't expect another club to talk about my player. '

DF happy with squad size but has said in his eyes not many will leave but he thinks a couple of the younger lads will go out on loan.

He said Trybull, Leitner and Drmic have all been replaced. The club has also acted on Byrams new longer injury issue by signing players in his position.

On Lewis:

'Jamal (Lewis) is a top character, we didn't even have to talk about the Liverpool bid. I spoke to my young players before summer and told them there may be rumours and links, but not to take any care of these rumours. We need our best players to fulfil our claims, I'm not naïve, sometimes the club has to make a decision, but if I could choose I would work with all of these players.' So it will be up to the club and not DF if an offer comes in.

DF also adds:

'It is important that it's unbelievably clear that we don't want to sell our young guys, unless the Club has to make the decision, but they're fully in our plans for this season.'

DF says that it will be tough to get promotion back to the premiership as only Fulham have gone down and back up again straight away and they had to fight to the last minute.

One for DG - DF gives more loving to McLean:

'Kenny (McLean) has already proved how important he is for us on the Premier League level. We lacked physicality, power and speed on that level and Kenny provided all that. He's aggressive, capable to win headers, capable to control the ball with good passing ability and an experienced homegrown bloke. It's great for us that he was able to sign a contract.'

DF says the club is 'not asleep' when it comes to more signings:

'Oh, we are aware of all of our areas and are not falling asleep on the defence, midfield or striker positions. We have the same group of centre-backs as last season and only on a few game days we had more than two available. We've got more games this season after a short pre-season. It doesn't mean we will do business, but we can't fall asleep.'

It is interesting that the window closer later because we could have players leave or players get injured and this will force our hand.

On the squad for tomorrow:

'On some positions we still have big competition, for example on the more attacking midfield. That's a bit more tricky than speaking on the wings! With Onel out, we only have one natural winger - Josh Martin. We will travel with some of the U23s, players who haven't had the chance to shine. For example, we'll be travelling with the young goalkeeper, Daniel Barden. '

DF never seems to see we have a lack of defenders!

DF says that he is proud of Idah and he isn't surprised he got the call up and played.

I think McCracken will start........oh maybe not:

'I totally back Daniel Barden, he's a great lad who is full of potential. He's inexperienced on this level, but we got him some minutes against the top sides in pre-season. We don't expect witchcraft from him tomorrow, but we expect a pretty good performance, I'm hopeful he can deliver tomorrow.'

So who were the top sides he played against in preseason.......anyone?

DF says it is so important that we build momentum quickly:

'It's important to not look to far ahead, we need to start the season strong to finish it well and gain some momentum as soon as we can.'

Are we back to seven subs or is it still nine?

So 22 players out how will you go? Only one forward so do you have a young forward on the bench? Only one left back and one recognised winger fit. If Famewo isn't fit then we will have no defenders on the bench (god like last season) so do we have some youngsters on the bench?

I'd go:

Barden

Mumba
Zimmermann
Klose
McCallum

Tettey
Rupp

Dowell
Stiepermann
Martin

Hugill

Subs:

McCracken - Giurgi - Famewo (if fit - if not then Lomas) - Vrancic - Dennis - Sitti - gilmour

I have a feeling DF will play Tettey at CB instead of Klose. Klose will then be on the bench in place of Famewo. Rupp in place of Tettey and maybe Nizet in place of Rupp

DF team

Barden

Mumba
Tettey
Zimmermann
McCallum

Rupp
Vrancic

Martin
Steipermann
Dowell

Hugill

Tough to pick a side with so many out

Last edited:
I actually have a spare bob or two after not having to travel to London for work so I might pay the £10 and just hook it up to the TV.