Team vs Leeds Leeds Leeds | Vital Football

Team vs Leeds Leeds Leeds

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
DF starts by saying that he is sad to lose Wes but happy to have had him this season. Interesting that DF says Wes has been unhappy this season as he has not played enough.

Says that the final decision was down to Wes.

DF says that Wes could still have had something to offer next season.

'Yes, everyone is a bit sad & he could have still play a part for us next season, but it’s a good time to leave. Especially as he still has something to offer to wherever he goes next season.'

DF says that our last home game was very good (wasn't that a loss against Cardiff)?

'Our last performance at home was pretty good. We want to go further on with this though.'

DF says that it has been hard getting experience and hunger in a squad this season.

DF says that he doesn't want the players to go over the top tomorrow on Wes' last game :

'We have to be careful the players aren’t over-motivated in terms of Wes Hoolahan’s final game.'

strange thing to say.

I think we will be losing a massive part when Wes goes as DF says he is one of the voices in the dressing room - we don't have many left now:

'When Wes speaks, everyone listens. He's been so good for our young players at the club.'

Wes said that 'Carrow Road is his home and wants to finish his norwich career there and not sheffield wednesday'

DF says the club are still in talks with Tettey. This will be sorted very soon.

DF gives us some insight into his transfers in summer by saying the club will need a few new experienced players and that is one reason the club is working very hard to keep Tettey.

So look out for some older/experienced players who are released from clubs.....might be old German chaps.

Here is a stat that DF gave that shows our issue:

We rank 3rd in chance creation this season but 24th in chances scored (1 on 1s, penalties, Ball in the box and shot at goal). DF says 'We all know we need to add some quality in the attacking area.' - - - better get looking and not at league 8 of the german football world

On to injury news:

Tettey has a back problem and looks likely to not play but will have a late fitness test.

Zimmermann 100% and will be involved.

Trybull is back and will travel - bench more than likely.

No other injuries

Wes says he has a good mate at the game tomorrow who will stick lots of Irish flags around the ground. Says he would love to come back to the club one day in another capacity.

Says one of his best moments was the ipswich goal:

'The goal against Ipswich in the play-offs, scoring the penalty, you could heard the fans everywhere. It was just a great moment.'

Says he will think about future over the summer but would love to come back to Norwich as a coach or a scout anything but it might have to wait.

Wes says that he'll always come back to Carrow Road as his son is a massive fan and he will have to bring him to games still.....future Hoolahan!

So there you go. I hope the lads and DF play up for Wes and us fans go and bloody have some exciting football please.

DF to go (if Tettey is out)

Gunn

Pinto
Hanley
Klose
Lewis

Leitner
Reed

Wes
Maddison
Murphy

Oli

I'd go

Gunn

Pinto
Hanley
Klose
Lewis

Leitner
Reed

Hernandez
Wes
Murphy

Maddison

Subs:

McGovern - Vrancic - Oli - Idah - Zimmermann - Stiepermann - Trybull

Get young Idah on the bench or even Abrahams.

Go with Maddison upfront and have two fast wingers and wes pulling the strings. Tell Maddison to stay up top and let Wes do the work

With our two useless strikers I expect DF will come up with the brainwave of playing Watkins up front on his own

Oh god, I forgot about him but I think he is on the way out.

Interesting how Leeds over the last couple of games have started blooding their youngsters for next season something we should have done but have sent them out on loan with no callbacks.

They have given youth GK Bailey Peacock-Farrell game time over last few games.

They have given youth centre back Paudie O’Connor games, in fact, the same time that Peacock-Farrell has been given time.

They have given young left back Tom Pearce games too.

Young forward Sam Dalby is close to a call up too.

It would have been great to see Matthews - Lewis - Godfrey - Cantwell - Abrahams - Idah all getting involved.

Yes FFL. Boro in the playoffs is the biggest bummer. If DF is able to get us anywhere near the top of the table over the next couple of seasons with what we will have left and what we buy, then he will be a genius. SW needs to perform miracles. Me, I will be happy just to see entertaining and committed football every week or is that too much to ask.

CK it is too much to ask with DF absolutely refusing to change tactics
regardless of opposition, state of game or time left.
Prepare to be bored but lower in table for another nine months.

STARTING LINE-UP
Gunn; Reed, Hanley, Klose, Lewis; Leitner, Vrancic; Maddison, Hoolahan (c), Murphy; Oliveira

SUBS
McGovern (GK), Pinto, Husband, Zimmermann, Trybull, Hernandez, Srbeny

Wes captains City today on his final appearance for the Canaries! Tettey has been ruled out with a back injury, but Tom Trybull is back in the squad after recovering from ligament injuries picked up in early February. Welcome back, Tom!

Really hope we have a good win today for Wes and to sign off a long, hard season. Looking forward to the summer and the club being able to get more of the changes done. Hopefully Tettey will stay and I'm sure Webber already has targets to replace those who may be leaving.

Absolute brilliant... so happy for Wes today. 3 points, 1 goal, 1 assist and a MOTM...Ended as he begun....fantastic... OTBC

I think that was the best send off I've ever witnessed for a player. From the things that was happening before KO to after KO and the atmosphere sounded terrific, everyone really came out for him today. Absolutely brilliant .. Have to say well done to the club for giving him that today, he deserved it. Huckerby should have had the same thing. I'm sure this will all be done again for Wessi next year in his Testimonial.