Team vs Fulham | Vital Football

Team vs Fulham

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
I have no confidence for this one. I think if we go at it with the 4 at the back and attack Fulham will pick us off so might be best to go with the 5-3-1-1 or however it works. Fulham 16 unbeaten.

DF starts with his usual comment - we have to be really careful with Hanley's workload.

He confirms that Hanley is fit and can play.

Oli is fit and ready to play

Leitner is training but will not make Fulham or QPR.

Tettey is fit and has trained over the international break.

Trybull is back running but too soon tomorrow.

Hernandez is out after pulling his hamstring - big shame as he was looking good. He will also miss QPR.

Watkins is looking like missing out as he has only just got back from China.

I agree that Fulham are good but DF is making out they are a premiership side saying 'we have to act like a cup game and cause an upset'.

DF gives some light on next season saying that Youth is our future and we have to use it.

The signing of Davenport was mentioned and DF wasn't full of praise just said 'It is a development signing and he will be a u23 player'. He said he had seen a few clips of him. Davenport must be thrilled. Why don't we sign a player who will actually play for us?

So I would think:

Gunn

Pinto
Klose
Hanley
Zimmermann
Lewis

Tettey
Reed

Murphy
Oli
Maddison

Subs:

McGovern - Wes - Srbeny - Husband - Raggett - Vrancic - Edwards

Stiepermann wasn't mentioned in press conference but is due to return tomorrow so he could replace Husband/Raggett on the bench.

So 4 at the back

Gunn

Pinto
Zimmermann
Klose
Lewis

Murphy
Tettey
Reed
Vrancic

Maddison

Srbeny

McGovern (GK), Husband, Oliveira, Hoolahan, Raggett, Edwards, Hanley.

Having three defenders on the bench at home shows that DF will probably look to bring some on a d close the game off.

I find dfs thinking on having 1st team players on the bench strange if they not fit don't have the on the bench.

Fulham make an early 2nd half change and Sessegnon has come on. Will DF do the same - no , will have counter it - no.

Instead, he has moved Reed to the right wing to counter Sessegnon ?

Murphy lovely volley but just wide.

I am worried that we have missed a few and Fulham been quiet and it will be one chance for them.

Final product again today hasn't been great. Srbeny starting to lose the ball and maybe it is time to get Oli on?

Will DF wait too long

Sessegnon nearly but Zimmermann clears off the line.

Why hasn't DF done anything to counter the move by fulham to throw on Sessegnon ?

Fulham scores their first real chance.

Gunn saved the first shot but fell to one of their players and puts it in.

DF needs to act now

0-2

two goals in 5 minutes.

Cairney the wonderkid.

DF just too slow to change things and we are so short of ideas

We are a lower mid table side.

DF needs to learn when to change things and he also needs to start buying forwards

Look at Millwall hardly any money but they have a real togetherness and a mix of young and old british players

Murphy booked and then Fulham player pushes murphy the guy already booked but ref lets him off.

Edwards on with 4 minutes great stuff DF