Team vs Brum | Vital Football

Team vs Brum

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
I hadn't realised that DF had his Press Conference yesterday -

Gibson is out but should be back for Wycombe
Stiepermann out but will play for U23s again this week

Sounds like Placheta is a work horse and never wants to stop. DF saying that he told him to have some time off and then Placheta went to the gym and did lots of weights to build up his strength as he feels he lacks that....good attitude.

DF said that the club are planning for the short, mid and long-term. We having to discuss next season but this is more for behind-the-scenes between my staff, the board and Stuart Webber.

DF says that Rotation is an option for the game.

Nyland is close to being back in the mix but has been out for a while so they will not rush him back.

Soto is back after a back injury and will play for the U23s this week.

Emi did pick up a knock on his thigh but he should be okay for Birmingham.

DF says he really likes the Birmingham wide players - maybe he will make an offer in the summer.

Why isn't Hernandez getting a go, Dowell too - take the ineffective Vrancic and throw one of those two in.

DF has such pace in Hernandez and Placehta he should really think of using them as a plan B.

Will he play Vrancic again? I don't see why. Mclean is due a good game maybe that is what DF thinks?

No sub central defender tonight. Tettey is the back up ... We will probably do the samein the prem save money and have Tettey as bsck up central defender

DF has such pace in Hernandez and Placehta he should really think of using them as a plan B.

Yes they have pace but do they have an idea what to do with the ball? I'm thinking of Huckerby, get to the goal line and be a menace, or cut inside and put the ball on Svensson's or McKenzie's head or cut inside and have a go himself.

Of course another factor to consider is how coaches want players to play. Are they told not to go to the goal line but leave that to the full backs, Aarons and GI.?

Wing backs these days are wingers.
However I would be interested in knowing what Vrancic brings to the team as he
cannot even shoot these days.

He'll make subs with 3 minutes to go.

Poyet on sky last night said a manager should be brave and make subs anytime if it will help the performance and result. He said he doesn't understand managers who wait and wait until it's too late to make subs.

Late subs are mainly to either:
a) waste time
b) pay the player appearnce money or improve their cut of the bonus pool based on appearances.