Team vs Brum | Page 7 | Vital Football

Team vs Brum

Just like Pukki , Emi looks to have lost his fight and sparkle and it’s worrying what is going on . But I must admit he put a beautiful pass to Idah which then enabled Vrancic to score

I think it's actually been a pretty positive start to the season, considering all the squad turnover and speculation that was around many players at the start of it. The Derby game was frustrating, but that's a game you win easily 9 times out of 10, and they got lucky with that being the 1 out of 10 they won. The only real poor performance for me was Bournemouth away.

Thought we were excellent last night, and the shot stats/chances created we are producing is really encouraging. We just need to start putting the blasted thing in the back of the net! Think I saw on Sky last night that we're 19th out of 24 teams in shot conversion at the moment...that needs to change.

Very good first start back for Cantwell, and I thought Emi was good first half then faded. Rupp was my man of the match, dominated the midfield and really seems to be finding his stride in there.

I'd personally be tempted to start Idah up front on Saturday. He might not be the best striker we have right now, but I think it's obvious the potential he has, and if he "clicks" like Aarons/Buendia/Lewis/Godfrey did last time we were in the championship, he could be a 20 goal a season man easily.

Also seems like there are a lot more teams in the championship this time around who like to sit 10 men behind the ball and just defend? Expect Wycombe to be the same on Saturday. I actually think that suits us, because we are a bit vulnerable at the back still, whereas if teams just let us have the ball we can control the game and when we find our shooting boots, we're going to put a real pasting on a few of these sides!

I think it's actually been a pretty positive start to the season, considering all the squad turnover and speculation that was around many players at the start of it. The Derby game was frustrating, but that's a game you win easily 9 times out of 10, and they got lucky with that being the 1 out of 10 they won. The only real poor performance for me was Bournemouth away.

Thought we were excellent last night, and the shot stats/chances created we are producing is really encouraging. We just need to start putting the blasted thing in the back of the net! Think I saw on Sky last night that we're 19th out of 24 teams in shot conversion at the moment...that needs to change.

Very good first start back for Cantwell, and I thought Emi was good first half then faded. Rupp was my man of the match, dominated the midfield and really seems to be finding his stride in there.

I'd personally be tempted to start Idah up front on Saturday. He might not be the best striker we have right now, but I think it's obvious the potential he has, and if he "clicks" like Aarons/Buendia/Lewis/Godfrey did last time we were in the championship, he could be a 20 goal a season man easily.

Also seems like there are a lot more teams in the championship this time around who like to sit 10 men behind the ball and just defend? Expect Wycombe to be the same on Saturday. I actually think that suits us, because we are a bit vulnerable at the back still, whereas if teams just let us have the ball we can control the game and when we find our shooting boots, we're going to put a real pasting on a few of these sides!
Agreed. I don't think it helps Idah being played out of position on the left wing then as a number 10 etc. Get him up front for a few games to settle in and find his feet and see how he goes.

I am unsure who the commentator was for SKY last night but he seemed to have a real in-depth knowledge of Norwich (was it Eadie - didn't sound like him). Talking about the under 9's and the next line of talent that Webber/DF have an eye on to come into the 1st team when they are ready and talking about how DF wanted to play players like Godfrey, Idah sooner but could see that they just weren't ready.

Am I right in thinking Emi has a new born in his family? I have heard it said that it can effect players. Give him time!

Glad to see Rupp play well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rex

Agree mostly olly apart from in my opinion weve been very poor until last night. I dont rate idah, still think hes got an awful lot to learn, id have prefered to loan him out and us buy a proven goal scorer.

Agreed. I don't think it helps Idah being played out of position on the left wing then as a number 10 etc. Get him up front for a few games to settle in and find his feet and see how he goes.

I am unsure who the commentator was for SKY last night but he seemed to have a real in-depth knowledge of Norwich (was it Eadie - didn't sound like him). Talking about the under 9's and the next line of talent that Webber/DF have an eye on to come into the 1st team when they are ready and talking about how DF wanted to play players like Godfrey, Idah sooner but could see that they just weren't ready.
Be a long time in wait for the U9’s to bear fruit Bears!!😂

Am I right in thinking Emi has a new born in his family? I have heard it said that it can effect players. Give him time!

Glad to see Ruup play well.

The poor lad . Meanwhile , back in the real world ,I still had to perform well at work despite the birth of my children , and I didn’t have Buendias salary to help soften the blow either !

Last edited:
The poor lad . Meanwhile , back in the real world ,I still had to perform well at work despite the birth of my children , and I didn’t have Buendias salary to help soften the blow either !

I doubt you or I are entertaining thousands and expected to be perfection on each appearance.

BTW. who would have thought that sportsmen and women cant pick out fellow team players if they wear grey kit yet there is scientific evidence to support this statement.

I doubt you or I are entertaining thousands and expected to be perfection on each appearance.

BTW. who would have thought that sportsmen and women cant pick out fellow team players if they wear grey kit yet there is scientific evidence to support this statement.

They get paid regardless. I have to keep 40 or so customers happy at same time and slightest error and I am severely criticised and maybe not get recommended again. Constant pressure to produce everybody's dream design and get so much shit from Planners.
My wife took off minimum amount of work for our 2 girls as new borns and then back to NHS for more pressure.
I was self employed and worked when they slept during the day and most of the night to catch up.

I would happily have swapped with the so called pressure on Buendia.
Let him do a 100 hour week or work for NHS on crap wages.
No sympathy at all.