Team vs Blackpool - Hadler starts | Page 2 | Vital Football

Team vs Blackpool - Hadler starts

0-3 - very, very poor, especially at home. I can't fathom such a dramatic downturn of form.

Bloody hell,just got in,had grandkids all afternoon,so could not make game,think I owe the kids a big thanks,Not 1 shot on target at home,must be a mistake surely.

Bradford with a late equaliser at Rochdale, wonder how crucial that goal could prove come the end of the season?

Wimbledon (2 points behind), Rochdale (3 points behind, better goal difference), Walsall and Oldham (4 points behind) and with a game in hand.

I think it's starting to look bleak.

Really not looking great if I am being honest. Some major worries as to why the performance have been this bad should have been home and dry way before now.

I don't understand why a team that had been performing so well has suddenly lost every shred of confidence and can't even do the simplest things right. It's baffling.

As Madrid said, late equaliser for Bradford is the best thing that happened all afternoon.

For us to go down Rochdale would have to win twice more and a bunch of other teams would have to pick up points. I can't see it happening.

Rochdale (3 points behind, better goal difference)

Bradford equalised, Rochdale are 5pts behind us, not 3. As Blueworm says, they're going to need to win 2 of their last 3 to catch us (or win one and draw the other 2). They've got Plymouth and Charlton at home, Oxford away.

Could do with Charlton not having a playoff place guaranteed by the last day of the season

Could do with Charlton not having a playoff place guaranteed by the last day of the season

Although come to think of it, if Charlton aren't guaranteed a playoff place by the last day (and so need a result at Rochdale), it almost certainly will mean Plymouth are still in contention for a playoff place, and so they're going to need a result against us.

Get on planet reality Durham FFS. Look at our goal difference now against Rochdale's. I have been saying for many weeks now we need 54 points to be safe.

When Steve Lovell came in he had an immediate impact and the "new manager bounce" then turned into belief by the players that they weren't the crock of shit that capitulated at Rochdale back in the Autumn under Pennock. This belief lasted for many months, particularly away from home, but it seems that they have lost this now.

So what we have is largely the same squad (minus Clare and Bingham) and they have reverted to the same level that we had at the beginning of the season. We probably shouldn't be all that surprised.

Whether Lovell can galvanise them to perform again before the end of the season we can only wait and see but for me this is a real wake up call to the limitations of our squad. Collectively they are better than the sum of their individual parts.

Our defence is OK but it is the lack of protection afforded by our midfield, the lack of support our midfield gives our strikers and our lack of strength in depth up front that is our real problem.

Whilst i would like to see a wholesale clear out realistically we aren't likely to see half a dozen quality signings in the close season so we need to make sure we prioritise where we spend our money. A striker who scores goals, an attacking midfielder and a pacey winger who has an end product would be my choices

As already mentioned, the goal scored by Bradford at Rochdale could be the thing that saves us. I can't see us getting another point based on current form and hopefully the 52 points we have will be enough. If so, Lovell needs to build a team that remains solid at the back (this game and the Southend game apart) but also has a real cutting edge going forward. Hopefully that will be in League 1

A few weeks ago we were all looking up and thinking of the play offs. How quickly times change..........

I have my ticket for Plymouth. Let's hope we are safe by then

Get on planet reality Durham FFS. Look at our goal difference now against Rochdale's. I have been saying for many weeks now we need 54 points to be safe.

We wont go down - to many results need to go the other way which is unlikely.

If SL cant set a team up to get a draw we really might as well give up now - I hope PS has some good get out clauses in the new contract, nou sure i would be trusting SL with purse strings