Team v Wednesday | Page 10 | Vital Football

Team v Wednesday

Overall bar the magic goals i thought we were bang average, it makes me realise how much i actually love the championship as we are the big fish in the lge and feel invincible at times even when were off par.
But the flip side of me realises and remembers from many failed prem stints how far off a stable prem side we currently are. For me, only krul, max, emi & pukki are prem quality. Gianni and todd bar his sublime goal were overall poor and wont cut it in the prem along with most of the others. This then brings all those bad emotions from all of our relegations previously.
we are a tremendous champ team no doubt, but i still see so many weaknesses in our players, sorry to be a debbie downer after such a comeback today!

These are the wins of champions

Bang on DG - Reminds me a bit of the Wigan away game last time we went up, except this time we fully completed the comeback and won!
This side is much more street wise, savvy in the way they play...and while the first half was very poor, the second was superb I thought...relentless pressure and two goals, then we absolutely killed the game once ahead. I don't think Krul had a save to make all day to be honest, their goal was also a few lucky bounces to Rhodes.

The finishing line is getting ever closer!

Overall bar the magic goals i thought we were bang average, it makes me realise how much i actually love the championship as we are the big fish in the lge and feel invincible at times even when were off par.
But the flip side of me realises and remembers from many failed prem stints how far off a stable prem side we currently are. For me, only krul, max, emi & pukki are prem quality. Gianni and todd bar his sublime goal were overall poor and wont cut it in the prem along with most of the others. This then brings all those bad emotions from all of our relegations previously.
we are a tremendous champ team no doubt, but i still see so many weaknesses in our players, sorry to be a debbie downer after such a comeback today!
I agree with a lot of what you say FY but I do think that they make a lot of chance sublime passes every game. When they come off, we look amazing however on days like yesterday where very few connected, we did look bang ordinary. Emi's challenge and through pass was ridiculous but came off and Todd's control was wonderful. I do think TC is premiership material and forecast he will be at least as good as Madders. I know Ollie Skipp is not ours yet but he is definately Prem standard and I also believe Sorenson will step up.

Last edited:
Wow, good call FY. I could not bring myself to take the 6/1 offered for Rhodes to score first as I didn't want to bet against us. Should have done cause I never win anyway
It was a last minute hunch and Emi on fire lately but i was very lucky, silly odds really as well for an assist!

I agree with a lot of what you say FY but I do think that they make a lot of chance sublime passes every game. When they come off, we look amazing however on days like yesterday where very few connected, we did look bang ordinary. Emi's challenge and through pass was ridiculous but came off and Todd's control was wonderful. I do think TC is premiership material and forecast he will be at least as good as Madders. I know Ollie Skipp is not ours yet but he is definately Prem standard and I also believe Sorenson will step up.
I hope you are right Kevin. I think madders will have a much better career that TC personally, TC control in a lot of games i watch seems heavy at time and his finishing bar yesterdays amazing goal is generally poor. When TC played in prem last time he got caught in compromising positions a few times that led to goals or near goals. He has lots of potential and is so young still that i hope you are right and prove me wrong mate!

Im loving the fact now that we can enjoy this final ten games, such an unusual position to be in, for now with current owners, we must enjoy this, and thats why i love this division as we all know how hard it will be next season for one reason or another!

Last edited:
Something that didn't get much attention was the state of the pitch.

A rough, unkempt pitch does not help our passing game; SW players are used to those conditions and their style of play works.

When we are promoted, the number of dodgy pitches will be significantly reduced, helping our passing game. Of course the down side is that it helps the oppositions' (generally better) passing game too.

Something that didn't get much attention was the state of the pitch.

A rough, unkempt pitch does not help our passing game; SW players are used to those conditions and their style of play works.

When we are promoted, the number of dodgy pitches will be significantly reduced, helping our passing game. Of course the down side is that it helps the oppositions' (generally better) passing game too.
The pitch was a state, reminded me of st andrews. Sheff weds got no excuse to have that shit pitch as its not shared to my knowledge.

Im loving the fact now that we can enjoy this final ten games, such an unusual position to be in, for now with current owners, we must enjoy this, and thats why i love this division as we all know how hard it will be next season for one reason or another!
It's a bit of a conundrum really. I love to get to the top flight and would much prefer to be able to stay there even if it is scrapping to avoid the bottom three but there is something wonderful about being the best in the league.