Team v Shrews | Page 5 | Vital Football

Team v Shrews

Well SE is proud of the second half performance apparently. Says we were dominant. I find this a little worrying. True we kept going and the conditions were tricky but I don't see that as a performance to be proud of. Unless of course he is just protecting his kids

Well SE is proud of the second half performance apparently. Says we were dominant. I find this a little worrying. True we kept going and the conditions were tricky but I don't see that as a performance to be proud of. Unless of course he is just protecting his kids

Everything SE says in his press conferences and official club releases is for the fans consumption only.

It will be very different behind closed doors. And I think there will be plenty he will be concerned about and working on.

Having said that, I thought there was a lot to like. We stuck at it and never gave in. It’s similar to last season when there were numerous games that the longer they went, we always looked like we were the team that was going to get the equaliser or winner. Never beaten.

The fans are not mugs. Many of us have seen the performance and I would rather hear him admit it was a poor performance but we can be happy with a point, things to work on etc. I didn't see a lot to like other than we kept going to the end. Otherwise it was mostly ineffective long ball stuff and as someone else has said we have the players to do better

Every team has days like yesterday, we are not a bad side. There will be better games and some worse, a top ten finish with a squad this size will be a good season. At the moment the main aim must be to stay in business and in League 1. Next season we may just may be closer to what was normal, let's hope so.

1 shot on target for 90 minutes. Worrying reading.

Where's that stat come from? Because we scored one, and had a Samuel shot that was heading in accidentally cleared off the line by Oliver, so that's at least two I can think of. Or are you talking literally 90 minutes, and not counting the goal as it was in the 94th?

Where's that stat come from? Because we scored one, and had a Samuel shot that was heading in accidentally cleared off the line by Oliver, so that's at least two I can think of. Or are you talking literally 90 minutes, and not counting the goal as it was in the 94th?
BBC stats online showed numerous off target efforts (8 i think) but only one on target (the goal). This was as the game was in progress as those figures are no longer on the website.