Team v Reading | Vital Football

Team v Reading

I think DF has confirmed that Tettey will not be able to play tomorrow and Lewis had a knock too. So I guess it will be either Godfrey or Trybull to replace him

Says he has been playing through the issue for a few weeks! Why didn't he get the op during international break?!

So many injuries - these will be used as excuses if things go wrong but we have a big enough squad. It is unfortunate, especially after such a good result.

Is it that we buy players with injury issues and the English league is tough on their bodies - or is it the players we have are weak - are they being worked too hard at training.

We are losing wingers fast. Stiepermann - Marshall - Tettey - Pinto - Hernandez - Thompson - McLean - Morris - Jarvis - Hanley - Vrancic (just back) all injured that is a lot of players in a short space of time.

Subs for me:

McGovern - Passlack - Cantwell - Srbeny - Vrancic - (That is actually it from our 1st team if all the above are out....apart from Oli - if they are all injured it will be interesting to see what DF would do because we still would need 1 more homegrown player) - Idah - Power

I thought about that, Bears. He may very well need to put another homegrown player (youngster) on the bench. I’d give Adam Idah the chance...

I am a tad surprised that we haven't seen any young German players get added to our academy - we have a little relationship with young Icelandic players but that has stopped. I am not complaining though as it is great to see an academy of young brits that will hopefully breakthrough

We have been saying for years about the lack of academy lads coming through , and now DF and the media talk like they have just made an amazing discovery .

Last edited: