Team V Oxford | Page 5 | Vital Football

Team V Oxford

Completely my fault for paying zero attention but I missed 30 mins of this game as I forgot it was a 1pm kickoff.

Why on earth was it a 1pm kickoff?

Saw nothing but Oxford battering us as soon as I tuned in

All our Saturday home games are being brought forward to 1pm, ours is the only fixture in league 1 and 2 today at this time. No official reason has been given for doing this and I don’t think any reporters have asked.
Midweek kickoff times are variable also, some 630pm, some 7pm and I think one is around 5pm when we play the Arsenal kids in the EFL trophy.
Worth checking in advance of each fixture when they start.

All our Saturday home games are being brought forward to 1pm, ours is the only fixture in league 1 and 2 today at this time. No official reason has been given for doing this and I don’t think any reporters have asked.
Midweek kickoff times are variable also, some 630pm, some 7pm and I think one is around 5pm when we play the Arsenal kids in the EFL trophy.
Worth checking in advance of each fixture when they start.
My theory is we don't want to pay for the floodlights.

Yes it could be that for the Saturday games.
But for the midweek games you’d still need them on at 630pm, so it could be a case of wanting to finish earlier and the away sides not travelling back so late into the night.
Yeah, that's probably true, lets the visitors get back earlier and saves them maybe staying over in a hotel.
Anyway, Great result, got away with it a bit there.