Team v Newcastle | Page 2 | Vital Football

Team v Newcastle

If McBurnie's fit i think he could start,we'll need all the height we can muster against the Bar codes especially if they play Carroll.UTMPB

I agree about McGoldrick but i dont think he has enough pace to play up front. My 4-3-3 option has a tried and tested back 4 while retaining the quality of Bogle on the right side. It has McGolrick as the creative player in midfield with the pace of Burke, Brewster and Moose up top. Burke playing a free role and linking with midfield.
We are in a position where draws are about as much use as a chocolate fire guard. If we get all our better players on the field at the same time we have a chance but we need to go for this not be passive.
Agreed, McG definitely needs to sit deeper and I also think Burke playing in a wider role will suit him.

If Bruce has been watching us, Carroll’s nailed on to play unless he’s washing his hair
Unfortunately i think you're r8 mi owd pal.Produce decent crosses against us for a good header of the ball and Bob's your uncle as the owd saying goes.UTMPB

Pace isn't going to be much use against Newcastle's deep lying flat back 5. If McBurnie's fit he should start alongside Didzy. Mcburnie offers something in both boxes and this fixture last season was one of his better games.

Only other change I'd consider from Bristol is Bryan for Ampadu. It's a game that's going to be decided on set pieces.

that is a trap people fall into all the time, getting our best players on the pitch at the same time in alien positions cause someone else is in their best position that allows them to play at their best, it just dosnt work. i know nothing else is working at the moment but ya cant have burke brewster moose and goldie starting games all together it,ll leave a pretty poor defence over exposed and with us only been able to convert 1 in 20 chances we,ll end up losing 5-1 . we have to give us some sort of chance of winning from the start. anyones thoughts on what or how we should play will hold up in any debate cause of how poor we play really.
It comes down to whether McGoldrick is a better more clever player than Ampadu, Norwood and Lundstram. I think he is and I think we are missing a trick. We know he links play well so why not play him in midfield. Bogle has and can play in midfield and everyone else plays in their usual positions. Sign a creative midfielder and that would solve a big issue but the money is just not there.

Pace isn't going to be much use against Newcastle's deep lying flat back 5. If McBurnie's fit he should start alongside Didzy. Mcburnie offers something in both boxes and this fixture last season was one of his better games.

Only other change I'd consider from Bristol is Bryan for Ampadu. It's a game that's going to be decided on set pieces.
jesus christ mcburnie and mcgoldrick. ive just started feeling sick. if we have to play a striker to deal wi the threat of headers then we need to get rid of every single deffender we have, mcburnie and mcgoldrick playing together will nullify our attack never mind the barcodes trying to nullify our attack, they could play wi two at the back. an absolute shocking idea. and pace not much use ,pace is always useful no matter who or how they play. pace is the one thing ya cant defend against,

Thank god its not longer necessary for Wilder to decide we need to sit back and defend.................all I want is to watch us attack like we used to. Don't mind who plays...............as long as we don't hoof the ball to McB as Plan A, B or C

It comes down to whether McGoldrick is a better more clever player than Ampadu, Norwood and Lundstram. I think he is and I think we are missing a trick. We know he links play well so why not play him in midfield. Bogle has and can play in midfield and everyone else plays in their usual positions. Sign a creative midfielder and that would solve a big issue but the money is just not there.
i agree pal. w,ere all searching for the right combo and right tactics cause upto now nothings worked hense bottom of the league. but having said that we take our chances and the system is fine. we,ve missed penaltys one on ones ,point blank headers,point blank shots thats come from the system we,ve always used,its just the quality in front of goal thats missing

Thank god its not longer necessary for Wilder to decide we need to sit back and defend.................all I want is to watch us attack like we used to. Don't mind who plays...............as long as we don't hoof the ball to McB as Plan A, B or C
at last someone talking sense ,couldnt agree more. mcburnie playing we,ll just play the hoof ,which is diabolical. are we gonna play mcburnie on the off chance he,ll win headers in our box but cause newcastle absolutely no threat at all. na not for me not a chance

jesus christ mcburnie and mcgoldrick. ive just started feeling sick. if we have to play a striker to deal wi the threat of headers then we need to get rid of every single deffender we have, mcburnie and mcgoldrick playing together will nullify our attack never mind the barcodes trying to nullify our attack, they could play wi two at the back. an absolute shocking idea. and pace not much use ,pace is always useful no matter who or how they play. pace is the one thing ya cant defend against,

Brewster, Moose and Burke have scored as many PL goals as me and thee this season Twirls.

There's going to be little room for our forwards to get behind Newcastle's defence, and we don't have a Pirlo knocking inch perfect through balls from our midfield, we have Lunny stumbling about.

If the game gets stretched then we bring the speedsters on.

i agree pal. w,ere all searching for the right combo and right tactics cause upto now nothings worked hense bottom of the league. but having said that we take our chances and the system is fine. we,ve missed penaltys one on ones ,point blank headers,point blank shots thats come from the system we,ve always used,its just the quality in front of goal thats missing
We are missing quality in midfield and we are the only premiership team that don’t have a game changing player. Without the crowds backing our workman like triers lack of skill and technique is getting exposed. More creativity and I am convinced the goals would come.